Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Evening All,
I have 2016 dele.ted, No Limit Stage 2 air, and PPEI tuned. Looking at buying a Cold Side Intercooler Pipe Upgrade from H&S. My questions are quite simple(I think. Newb at this)

The price for each is the same but; what is the point/benefit of the throttle body replacement version (part 122001) that requires tuning over just the OEM upgrade the comes with the throttle body?(part 122004) is there a performance benefit? If not now, maybe down the road after other upgrades? Can you guys please educate me?

Thanks!

Aaron

·
Registered
40 Posts
you get rid the an unneeded part. if you tuned throttle body is unplugged and not used. I opted for the 122001.

Reactions: wikd_power

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Waking this back up vs starting a new thread. I’m in a 17 350 Dually now and it seems I’m seeing many more options out there for cold side pipes with decent brands and much better prices than H&S. Can you guys chime in on any decent ones for the money that you guys are running?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have one from sinister diesel, no complaints runs well only our 8k on it so far though.

Well only complaint was fitting it in place was a struggle.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have one from sinister diesel, no complaints runs well only our 8k on it so far though.

Well only complaint was fitting it in place was a struggle.

Ended up going with SPE. Ordered a week 8 days ago and got an email saying my order will be delayed. Hopefully this duct tape holds up…been driving with the lightest foot ever using barely any boost so it can hold on a bit longer.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Ended up going with SPE. Ordered a week 8 days ago and got an email saying my order will be delayed. Hopefully this duct tape holds up…been driving with the lightest foot ever using barely any boost so it can hold on a bit longer.

Good luck. I’ve had stuff on order from them since November. At the time they said it would be early spring, that turned to late spring, then to summer, still no parts and we are nearly to August. Delay emails, then emails saying they aren’t launching new products until they are caught up with past orders, then a week later getting an email about 6 new products they are launching. Honestly it has gotten to the point of nearly being laughable.I understand being busy, but I also don’t like being jerked around. Luckily I’m not in the position where I “need” the part like you do, but if you need it right away you may want to look elsewhere, unfortunately. I like their stuff but will be having a hard think about who to order from next time I need parts. If you do consider elsewhere, I have had good luck with the H&S silicone cold side pipe.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I had ordered the CCV reroute off of them last fall and it was 8 weeks I believe which I knew going in. Like Macd is saying if it's something I need in a hurry I will most likely order from else where but if it is something I am just looking to do when I get the chance they will definitely be my ordering place. I loved the fit and finish along with instructions on how to do the job.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I had ordered the CCV reroute off of them last fall and it was 8 weeks I believe which I knew going in. Like Macd is saying if it's something I need in a hurry I will most likely order from else where but if it is something I am just looking to do when I get the chance they will definitely be my ordering place. I loved the fit and finish along with instructions on how to do the job.
Ya, it's a shame they can't get the "customer service" in line with the products. If they could keep up with shipping and not launching products that clearly aren't ready for distribution yet, then I feel like that would mitigate a lot of the complaints from people who order things thinking they are in stock then weeks later getting "sorry" emails. Just not a great way to do business.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
What I ordered was marked as out of stock or back ordered or something of the like. It honestly showed up about a month sooner than I expected haha. Like I said I ordered knowing it was going to be a while. They did a great job I feel in keeping in contact with me on updates and what was going on. I was very impressed with that.

·
Registered
208 Posts
What I ordered was marked as out of stock or back ordered or something of the like. It honestly showed up about a month sooner than I expected haha. Like I said I ordered knowing it was going to be a while. They did a great job I feel in keeping in contact with me on updates and what was going on. I was very impressed with that.
Mine wasn't in stock at the time, and I knew that, and that's fine. BUT, it had a promised date, which got pushed, then pushed again, then I emailed with no response, then when I finally got a response it was "soon" (this was months ago) then I get an email about no new products until they get caught up on orders, followed by an email 1 week later launching 6 new products, then another pushed delivery date, and so on... Again, I understand delays, but I also don't need to be jerked around. I sent an email this last Monday morning politely asking for an update, still no reply. Point is, at this point I feel like I have been, and am being, very patient with a $1000+ order that has been paid since November. I also understand delays, but delay after delay after delay, and "feel good" emails about not launching more product stating they are prioritizing things for people who have been waiting a long time already, followed by an email the next week about 6 new products launching just doesn't seem like a great way to do business. Again, the products are great and I'm still looking forward to receiving it, but I would love to see the customer service quality match the product quality. That's basically what I'm getting at.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, you guys aren't inspiring confidence! Both items show backorder on their website now but didn't at the time of ordering. I've sent messages with images of my duct taped cold side and asked for status while telling them it's ok if the hot side is delayed because that's an upgrade and not a need, and I've yet to get a response.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I'd give them a call. I sent quite a few emails to their "sales" address, never got a response until I shotgun blasted different SPE email addy's, then they said they never received my emails and I must have been sending them to the wrong place (I wasn't). Give them a ring, but if you need the part ASAP (I'd be scared driving with duct tape as well) then it might be less stressful to just grab the pipe from elsewhere. SPE has nice stuff, but if you are on a tight timeline then it would stress me out waiting with no response on my parts. As I mentioned above, the H&S silicone has done well for me. If you need fast shipping, Stage 3 has always worked well (especially if you call them and they will usually cut you their "best price" if you ask for it) or you might get lucky on Amazon Prime.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Good news! They replied to my message today and they gave me a tracking number and my order is on the move! Looks like they just sent the cold side to get me running right as the hot side pipe is still pending status.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Good news! They replied to my message today and they gave me a tracking number and my order is on the move! Looks like they just sent the cold side to get me running right as the hot side pipe is still pending status.
Nice! Maybe I will have the same luck on getting a reply, fingers crossed!

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Good luck guys I hope your stuff arrives safely. You will enjoy the stuff I'm sure.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I’m late to this thread, but I bought a cold side pipe from pusher and was pleased with the fit and finish.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts