Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

I had a shop install an H.I.D. kit on my 2008 F250 and they don't come on every time. Usually either a headlight or a fog (I keep them on all the time) doesn't come on. I can switch them off and back on and they will fire -- any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
they might have plugged the hid in backwards on the ballast?either that or check the 2 smaller plug ins the wiring might be loose there

·
Registered
317 Posts
You need to run a relay for your headlights to work correctly and still every now and then one will come on. I've been running HID's for almost a year now and my headlights still do it every now and then. I did have a bad ballast for my foglights that caused one to come on and turn right back off. The kit I purchased came with a 2 year warranty so I sent the ballast back and got a new one. I realized if you want a minute or two after starting your truck and then turn on your lights, they will work properly 90% of the time.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Tarheel is corret. you need a relay harness. The factory wiring harness does not have enough power to fire the ballasts up everytime especially at the same time the engine is cranking. Get a relay harness and you will never worry about it again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts