Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I am going to order my Firestone ride rites this week.. here's the catch my truck has 2 different kits available

ride rite 2071... have holes to drill for top bracket (not a real big deal but will be more time consuming)

ride rite 2330 ...no drill kit (this is the one I want) BUT it says with in bed hitch only :crazy: I dont see why it wouldn't work with out a in bed hitch :dunno:

So my question is will the no drill kit work with no in bed hitch ???? have any of you installed this kit ??? I know a bunch of ya are running Firestone kits and I need to make sure it will still work with no in bed hitch... help me out here I need to get this ordered this week while its on sale :)

Thanks CJ

·
John Wood Nut Swinger
3,413 Posts
I don't have an in the bed hitch and I have the no-drill Ride Rite bags. I like the idea that they are between the frame and axle in a straight line.

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so you have the 2330 kit ... thats the only no drill kit i found for my truck

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I dont have a fifth wheel or a goose neck ..I just have a regular trailer hitch

thats why I couldnt understand why it had to be used with in bed hitch only ..

·
Premium Member
11,178 Posts
CAll around or go to some RV dealers. Any GOOD shop that you would want to do business with with answer all your questions and give you advice on which model you want without pressuring you into buying jack. Also, a good RV dealer might have a package deal (wiring and whatnot) that may be the same price as internet or within 20 bucks or so. Just an idea.

I have a place near me that will get my RV business due to their personal customer service with questions I had with my truck. They are also working with another local shop because I will be installing traction bars and lowering the rear end. They want to make sure everything is perfect when I pull because they want my future business. And I'm OK with that.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have used both and the 2330 is a better bag. If you have a tire that is close to the frame you need to go with the 2330. also the 2330 has more adjustments that you can make to accommodate for small lifts.

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the place Im getting it from is the shop that I bought my enclosed car hauler from .. the truck is wired already with brake controller etc.. so I dont need any of that stuff. I just noticed lately I end up hauling more and more with it and want to lose the rear sag from all the tongue weight and stuff in the bed.. it wouldnt be a issue if I didnt level the truck.. now its perfectly level and if ya drop a trailer on it it looks lik its dragging its a$$ I hate that look ... guess that why the factory made them have the 2-3" raked look so they level out when semi loaded ...lol

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
I've got a set, along with the bed hitch frame. I had both in kits in my hands when I purchased it and the only difference I could tell was there was a little less (1/2") offset from the frame mounting surface to the bag mounting surface. I'm guessing that was due to the thickness of the hitch rails one the frame. That and the fact the non hitch mount already had holes drilled into it and the hitch mount had to either be drilled or welded once it was positioned on the side of the frame. Since you don't have a bed hitch, you'll have plenty of room to position it on the frame to get it just right. I had to do some grinding/trimming to make mine perfect.

·
Premium Member
19,111 Posts
I had to remove my existing 5th wheel rails because each side was one solid piece. Once I bought the two piece rails, the no drill kit bolted right in. I couldn't imagine having to grind and trim a brand new rail kit to get it to fit. Good luck, Chris.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I've got the 2330 Firestone kit on my pickup, but I also have a B&W turnaround hitch. From the looks of my instructions I think you can get by without having the hitch. The only problem that I can see is you may have to buy some shorter bolts, which is no big deal. Here's what it looks like...

·
John Wood Nut Swinger
3,413 Posts
I've got the 2330 Firestone kit on my pickup, but I also have a B&W turnaround hitch. From the looks of my instructions I think you can get by without having the hitch. The only problem that I can see is you may have to buy some shorter bolts, which is no big deal. Here's what it looks like...
I have this same kit on my truck without the hitch. Nothing special was needed for the install. It took about two hours to install. A direct bolt on and they work great. Nice pics, it should help the OP a lot.

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have the 2330 no drill kit ordered should be here by the weekend

1 - 15 of 15 Posts