Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2008 F250SD 4x4 KR completely stock 6.4L 29k miles - has anyone simply gutted the exhaust filter and bolted back on? I have a spare (exh system) to keep original in the case of dealer work... in other words, has anyone given the powerplant a "deep breath" and experienced success? fuel eco, power etc?

·
Too cool for school
9,886 Posts
I think it would be easier to just put a delete pipe in its place. They aren't expensive, and it would make alot more since.

And yes, the 6.4's are a beast with just a tune and exhaust. You'll see 550+ to the wheels

·
Premium Member
861 Posts
If you gut the DPF it will allow the engine to breath. You will need to install a tune to turn off the regen.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks, fellas... jacking with the 6.4's is a bit nerve-racking as any mistake can be a costly major malfunction

·
Registered
511 Posts
I wouldnt want to send the truck in for warranty work with a aftermarket tune in the PCM which you would need as stated above to disable regen. At times they will reflash your computer while your in for work, seems like it could cause problems and possible loss of warranty. The cost of a delete pipe more that out weighs the cost of a possible loss of warranty IMO

1 - 5 of 5 Posts