Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody on here have any idea how i can fab up a nice pod for a pyro gauge to put in place of the ashtray that pulls out? I only want a pyro so a single gauge would fit nicely in the ashtray. I was thinking about taking it to a car audio guy and having them look at it. Anybody else thought of this or done this?

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
no my ash tray is usually full of spare change lol. are yuo wanting to remove the tray and put in the gauge, or have it set up where yuo can pull it in and out??? that would be cool.

·
Premium Member
17,841 Posts
Anybody on here have any idea how i can fab up a nice pod for a pyro gauge to put in place of the ashtray that pulls out? I only want a pyro so a single gauge would fit nicely in the ashtray. I was thinking about taking it to a car audio guy and having them look at it. Anybody else thought of this or done this?
I'm thinking the ashtray maybe too small for a 2 1/16" gauge

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no, just have it fixed.
i think its big enough for one gauge. the panel there slopes towards the front of the truck so you would have to angle the gauge/mount back up so you can see it well. i think its 3.5 or 4" inches across. you might have to do some mods behind the hole but its pretty clear once you slide the tray out.

·
Registered
201 Posts
that would be a pretty easy fiberglass job and it would look really nice

·
Premium Member
17,841 Posts
Your talking about this right? I don't think you would have to mount up to where you could see it.....I would think if you pull it out it would already be pointing up at you???

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Jason, I just saw the pictures of your new rig. That's one bad azz lookin' '08.

I like your idea of where you want to mount the pyro. Can Gaylon's electronics guy (the one that did his back up camera) fab something up for you? If not, I can put you in touch with the owner of Audio Excellence and he would be more than happy to help you out.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
TTStroker-i was thinking of removing it completely then putting the gauge in.

Thanks! That same guy did work on my truck but i dont think he can fab up stuff like that. i didnt even think to ask him.
Does Monsoor and Nassa still own AE?
i dealt with them some back in my high school/car stereo days. I may go by the one on 436 in orlando. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
17,841 Posts

Thanks! That same guy did work on my truck but i dont think he can fab up stuff like that. i didnt even think to ask him.
i dealt with them some back in my high school/car stereo days. I may go by the one on 436 in orlando. Thanks!
:doh:.....I see my bad :tard:

·
Registered
3,322 Posts

Nasa is still the owner. He works primarily out of the store in Oviedo of off Mitchell Hammock road. He has changed a little bit. He's not quite as angry as he used to be, but he'll still holler at his guys if they do something right. That's why I keep going back to him for whatever I need in the mobile electronic department. I know that it always be done right and he won't be satisfied until I am satisfied. I can PM you him cell phone number if you don't already have it.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
TT Stroker, no prob!!! Thanks for responding
Mark, i should have read this before the pm. Is his brother still around. Monsoor?

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
TT Stroker, no prob!!! Thanks for responding
Mark, i should have read this before the pm. Is his brother still around. Monsoor?
To be quite honest, I don't know. I don't know if I ever met him. I know his younger brother Sam is still there, but at another store. Everyone that runs the various shops are all family now. He said he had too many people ripping him off so now at least one close relative (usually sibling) is at each shop overseeing everything.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Did anything come about this? I want to do this also if it can be done. It would be even better is the DD could be installed that way.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Did anything come about this? I want to do this also if it can be done. It would be even better is the DD could be installed that way.
I've seen it done somewhere, can't remember which forum, I think Mick might have had his like that

·
Registered
123 Posts
I havent figured out how to post pics yet or else I would show you what I did. It wasnt a pyro gauge but I installed the air bag compressor gauge, power button and air release together. Looks factory.

·
Viking Heavy Diesel
20,738 Posts
Use photobucket to post pics!

·
Registered
175 Posts
i bought my truck and the pre owner had put a transferflow monitor in there. seems to be a lot of room when you get that tray out. hope that helps with ideas...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts