Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently installed a set of autometer guages and my boost guage flutters above 15 lbs of boost:dunno::dunno: All I can think of is that it may be due to defueling of the engine.I believe I will need to do something about a boost fooler.I definatly experiance defueling with my chip it the upper tunes:icon_ford:

·
Registered
176 Posts
I know some of the autometer gauges are known to do this, a friend of mine used to have autometer gauges and his boost did the same thing, check the line (tubing) leading to the gauge make sure its not kinked....

·
John Wood Nut Swinger
3,413 Posts
Does it have a chirping sound that happens when the guage flutters? It could be surge.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replys guys.
My truck is also a early 99 build.
The clear hose that came with the guages did seem to be easy to kink now that you mention it. I tryed to be careful not to kink it when I installed it:doh:
The only place I cannot see to check is behind the A pillar pod...Will check out tomarrow.As far as turbo surge I am afraid i do not know enough about it to know ....any info would be helpful:dunno:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sorry early strokin 99 ....I didnt answer your question? I do not hear any chirping sond . Thanks

·
John Wood Nut Swinger
3,413 Posts
Since your truck is an early99, it is highly unlikely it is surge.

·
Registered
213 Posts
My autometer flutters.

·
Super Moderator
13,237 Posts
i have been told that if it is tapped into the MAP line, it will flutter. i dont know about the 7.3's, but in my 6.0, i tapped my gauge into my intake elbow and have no flutter at all.

·
John Wood Nut Swinger
3,413 Posts
My boost gauge is tapped into the MAP line and it does not flutter.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Minè only flutters with turbo surge and I'm hooked up to the map line

1 - 10 of 10 Posts