Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone with chrome bumpers has put on a FX4 grille. Would like to see pics. My truck is white and was thinking about it. Also, I have a 6" lift with 37s and was thinking about going to an 8" lift. Any pros or cons? Anybody done it? Thanks.

·
Registered
850 Posts
I went from a 6" to 8". It involved new front coils, new front shocks, and I ended up going with OUO traction blocks because any more block than what I had with a 6" created significant axle wrap.

·
Premium Member
2,276 Posts
What type of 6" lift do you currently have?

As long as it's done properly, no issues with going up 2" in height.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am currenty running a 6" pro comp stage one lift. I'm also planning on running OUO traction blocks in the rear. I was going to upgrade the shock anyway but didn't know if anything else needed to be replace other than the front coils. I also wanted to put new radius arms on the truck.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
i just put a grey fx4 grill on my 08 with chrome bumpers ill get a pic for you

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
By the way jrod, thats a good looking truck. I was also thinking about going up to 38's but my toyos are brand new so it would be a while before I did that. What gearing do you have?

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
here is mine 8.5 inch lift 24's on 38 khumos with fx4 grill

This was when i was 6 inch with 37's

·
Premium Member
2,276 Posts
I am currenty running a 6" pro comp stage one lift. I'm also planning on running OUO traction blocks in the rear. I was going to upgrade the shock anyway but didn't know if anything else needed to be replace other than the front coils. I also wanted to put new radius arms on the truck.
If you are looking for new radius arms, have you seen the One Up Offroad Adjustable Link Arms?

One Up Offroad Adjustable Link Arms - 2005-2009 F250/350/450 4wd - Front Suspension Location - Truck Toyz Store

·
Registered
553 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,276 Posts
You guys really like the One Up Offroad stuff don't you? I've never used it but man you guys do some chest pounding for them. Must be pretty dang good because I know your place has seen a few lifts in its day.

They make really good products....great traction bars and traction blocks and their adjustable link arms makes it nice for adjusting caster.

Definitely some of the nicest stuff on the market.

Icon and OUO are the only two brands that I run on my personal trucks :D

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
They make really good products....great traction bars and traction blocks and their adjustable link arms makes it nice for adjusting caster.

Definitely some of the nicest stuff on the market.

Icon and OUO are the only two brands that I run on my personal trucks :D
I really just want a little more clearance for the 37s. Can I get a set of 7" icon coil springs? The front sags and sits about an inch lower than the rear. Would I have to use the icon shocks for the 7" lift? I would love to run the OUO front links but I'm broke as it is and the rear blocks/bars are gonna set me back over a grand. Any feedback on pro comp radius arms?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You guys really like the One Up Offroad stuff don't you? I've never used it but man you guys do some chest pounding for them. Must be pretty dang good because I know your place has seen a few lifts in its day.
Thanks for the pics guys. All good looking trucks. Jesse, my truck's the same color as yours and I think i'm gonna go ahead and get the painted grille.

·
Registered
850 Posts
By the way jrod, thats a good looking truck. I was also thinking about going up to 38's but my toyos are brand new so it would be a while before I did that. What gearing do you have?
Thanks man. I know what you mean...I barely had 4K miles on my 37s when I sold them and went to 38s...luckily I got pretty good money out of them. I have the 3.73s which are perfect for me. The truck still hauls ***, pulls my trailer loaded super easy, and with no load I can run down the interstate at 80 and still be under 2K RPMs.

·
Premium Member
2,276 Posts
I really just want a little more clearance for the 37s. Can I get a set of 7" icon coil springs? The front sags and sits about an inch lower than the rear. Would I have to use the icon shocks for the 7" lift? I would love to run the OUO front links but I'm broke as it is and the rear blocks/bars are gonna set me back over a grand. Any feedback on pro comp radius arms?

Yep, the Icon 7" coils are available separately.

You may be able to get away with just adding a caster cam to your current setup to keep caster within check.

If your shocks are good with a 6" lift, they should be good with a 7".
Of course depending on which shocks you currently run you may see an improved ride by upgrading in the future.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I def want new radius arms. I would 4-link if I could afford it but I doubt I'll be able to. I hate the shocks I have so I'm def upgrading them.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yep, the Icon 7" coils are available separately.

You may be able to get away with just adding a caster cam to your current setup to keep caster within check.

If your shocks are good with a 6" lift, they should be good with a 7".
Of course depending on which shocks you currently run you may see an improved ride by upgrading in the future.
I'm going to get the Icon 7" springs. I'm not sure which shocks to get. I want the icons with the reservoir in the front and regular signature in the rear. Will I need to keep my radius drop brackets if I use the OUO links up front? And eventually I want the traction bars but may go ahead and get the blocks. Which size blocks will I need if I want it to sit level? Any other needed items? Input? Thanks for all the feedback.

·
Registered
850 Posts
I'm going to get the Icon 7" springs. I'm not sure which shocks to get. I want the icons with the reservoir in the front and regular signature in the rear. Will I need to keep my radius drop brackets if I use the OUO links up front? And eventually I want the traction bars but may go ahead and get the blocks. Which size blocks will I need if I want it to sit level? Any other needed items? Input? Thanks for all the feedback.
I have that same shock setup...the Icon Res shocks are sweet. With an 8" front Fabtech coil I have a 9" rear OUO block and it sits just a bit higher in the back...perfect stance I think. So I would guess an 8" block would put you where you want...better to be a bit higher in the back than too low. Dan can verify as I'm sure they've set up a few like you are planning.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yea thats how my truck sits now but it rubs in the front fender even after trimming. I'm on a limited budget so can I order just the traction block now and get the bars later? Also, whats the ride like with the icon shocks?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts