Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Ford F-250 xlt
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any one know ??? I want to get rid of all chrome at some point.. Will I have to get awhile different grill or can the part that is chrome where the emblem just be changed out? It seems like it comes out.. if so anyone possibly know the part number for a gloss black one? Mine looks like the photo..
Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Just get it vinyl wrapped by a company that specializes in vehicle wraps. Going to be way cheaper than buying different OEM parts or an aftermarket grille. You can also see if anyone wants to swap grilles, your chrome for whatever they have. Seen lots of Platinum grilles that have been colour matched wrapped that look really good,

·
Banned
1,332 Posts
OEM XL grille is matte black. you have to buy the whole thing.

https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts/ford-grille-assembly-hc3z8200ac

about $300 which is a far cry from the aftermarket world that wants like $1,000 for a RBP style. Just give it some time and I bet the price will come down. I remember I bought an XL black grille for my 2004 F250 for like $130 matte black 2 years ago.

300 is still not a bad buy though. All paint shops seem to get about the same to strip and paint, body shops no longer paint things for $50 anymore. Merica!

·
Registered
2018 F350 Limited
242 Posts
I agree. Just get the 2 chrome bars wrapped. You can do it your self for cheap. I included a link for a guy that replaced the ford emblem with a light up one. This should show you how the grille comes off and how the emblem detaches. It’s a platinum grille but the disassembly is the same.

https://youtu.be/YJvZVIWv1_w

·
Registered
2017 Ford F-250 xlt
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ordered the light up emblem , going to install when I do the Morimoto headlight swap. Going to price wrapping on Monday..Did find this a bit ago ..

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts