Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just put a new grill in the truck this evening due to the previous owner spray painting the stock HD grill, which was chipped up horribly. Anyways I picked one up off eBay, took a chance and bought something I'd never seen on a truck around here. I'm sure some will like it and some won't. So my problem now is I have no emblem and my stocker doesn't fit. So I wanted to see what others have or any input on it. I thought about order letters to spell out INTERNATIONAL, but I dunno. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I built a grille just like yours. And it looked a little plain at first but then i just put my license plate behind the grille instead of the bumper and it really made it look a lot better

·
Registered
306 Posts
If it were mine I'd just throw a set of kc lights in behind the grille. Where did you get that grille? I really like the look of it. I am going ot be needing one for myself pretty quick because my stock one is starting to bubble in a few places.

·
Real Men of Genius
5,309 Posts
I think that looks good. I like it.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies so far.

OUMX117 - I bought it off ebay. Mine was listed as a 3.5mm. Theres a couple different sizes you can choose from. I just typed in superduty black mesh grill, but heres some links to ones like mine. They are a direct bolt on. The shell is painted gloss black and the insert is black mesh (pretty stout stuff believe it or not).

2mm
05-07 Ford Super Duty BLK 2m Mesh Package Billet Grille | eBay

3.5mm
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/05-0...ccessories&fits=Year:2005&hash=item27b64a3dd0

4mm
05-07 Ford Super Duty BLK 4m Mesh Billet Grille Shell | eBay

·
Registered
444 Posts
Find a machine shop with a cnc machine and have them cut out the rockstar energy drink logo out of billet.. that would look sick... just sayin..

·
Registered
344 Posts
Leave it as is and mount a set off lights behind it!! Would look badazz!

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Premium Member
3,814 Posts
Maybe a little cheesie but how about the outline of the Superman emblem? Maybe spell out STERLING since that is what Ford changed to on their heavy trucks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts