Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all! I'm not too new, I've been just reading posts for awhile now, just thought I would say howdy! I live here in Cut And Shoot, Tx., and am wondering if theres anyone else on here in the area....just curious. Anyway, I look forward to learning here, there is definately a wealth of knowledge in these pages!

2007 F250 Lariat FX4
K&N intake
S&B elbow
4in turbo back dual exhaust
SCT X3 w/ IDP Xtreme street

·
Premium Member
9,097 Posts
Welcome to Powerstroke.org
:welcome1::welcome2::welcome1::welcome2::welcome1::welcome2::welcome1:​

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Cut and Shoot!!! We go through there every so often to go to my parents house.

Welcome to the .ORG!!!

·
Other vehicle is an F250
18,320 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,255 Posts
:welcome1:

·
a known holder of grudges
2,055 Posts
:welcome1: :welcome2: :welcome1: :ORG welcome: :welcome1: :welcome2: :welcome1:​

·
Viking Heavy Diesel
20,738 Posts
Welcome to the ORG!

Why is it named that?

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I copied this off of a Wikipedia page for Cut And Shoot, Tx.:

According to one local legend, Cut and Shoot was named after a 1912 community confrontation that almost led to violence. According to differing versions of the story, the dispute was either over:

-The design of a new steeple for the town's only church,
-The issue of who should be allowed to preach there, or
-The conflicting land claims among church members.

Whatever the circumstances were, a small boy at the scene reportedly declared "I'm going to cut around the corner and shoot through the bushes in a minute!" This statement apparently stayed in the residents' minds and was eventually adopted as the town's name.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Howdy from Magnolia Texas !

Hello to Cut & Shoot Texas :
I'm new to the group as well. Kinda like you...have read the posts off & on for a while now. I was driving down 75 in Conroe @ 5:45 AM this morning! I guess Magnolia is about 25 miles SW of Conroe.....so we are pretty close to you.
I have a 2000 F-350 Lariat LE Crew Cab 4x4 that I have owned for about 3 years now. It is pretty much stock to this point, because I had purchased a 4 year warranty when I bought the truck...& have not wanted to void the warranty. I plan to make mods to improve the fuel mileage, & will probably install the guage set on the windshield pillar to start with. I'm also wanting to add the Ranch Hand front end & rear bumpers, as I save up the "Truck Bucks".
Most of the time my truck is used for just driving around ....but it also is used for hauling the Horse Trailer, Boat, Camper, and Hay. I installed the
B&W turnover ball gooseneck hitch assembly on my truck a couple of years back......and I really like being able to get the ball out of the way for loading stuff in the bed.
I have been really happy with my LE in the past three years, & hope to have her for many years to come. :icon_ford:
Welcome to the group !

1 - 12 of 12 Posts