Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was removing the intake boost tube so that I could change out my bottom radiator hose when I noticed this green wet residue inside my plastic boost tube that goes from my intercooler to the intake elbow. The residue felt slick but not oily. I have notice residue before but did not pay attention to the color till today. I thought is was just engine residue from under the hood. I use the shell ELC coolant in my truck now, but when I bought the truck a year ago some one had refilled the truck with green coolant :doh: .

I have tried to post pics of what I am seeing so let me know if you can not see them. Does anyone have a clue what this is and am I looking at a major problem? What fluids if any should be coming out of the turbo into the intercooler? :dis: I am going to take a pic of the papertowel that I used to wipe the fluid out with.

Attachments

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LOL, no green shirt on just maroon long sleeve. I will take a pic of the paper towel and post it.
By the way, first diesel which was bought 1 year ago. I am learning and studying as I go.

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The first pic is what I wiped out of the top of the tube and the second pic is the oil that I use on a paper towel. Starting to think like ya'll... maybe just oil residue.

I spent a lot of time and money flushing out the green coolant it came with so I just want to make sure I understand what I am seeing.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.