Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Wow...sounds like this is becoming a big problem quickly.

Clay, have you ever thought of drafting up a "contract" of sorts with your suppliers?

I considered it and just might look into it. Might help protect your "rights" to the oil if something like this happened to you. Wouldn't have to be a verbose dissertation, but a somewhat straightforward, to the point document stating that you and the owner of the establishment have an agreement that you will collect the oil, free of charge, and no one else has rights to it.

Just a thought.

·
Premium Member
17,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have considered it and i have seen draft contracts written by other greasers.
My oil sits inside the resturants and no one could thieve it if they wanted to.
I'm not too worried about my resturants going to someone else for there oil disposal as we have pretty good relations and i keep it that way. I gave the cooks at one place 20 bucks last christmas - these guys are mexican working for minimal wages and probably 20 bucks went a long way for them. They were gratefull.
I spend money at all my resturants except one and that one is managed by my brother in law so thats no worry either.
A contract could be benificial in some cases though.

·
KVFD
4,061 Posts
Wow interesting!!! that article makes us sound like slobs! talking about how we stink and stain stuff! :hehe: Well we are just finding answer to cheap fuel.

·
Premium Member
17,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow interesting!!! that article makes us sound like slobs! talking about how we stink and stain stuff! :hehe: Well we are just finding answer to cheap fuel.
I have seen some of these people, i refused to sit in their car when they were showing it to me. One car had active roaches in it...not the kind you smoke either.
A large part of the WVO communuty are old hippies from the 60s, they wash when they can and live out of their cars, play guitar on the street corner for change.

·
Registered
634 Posts
I have considered it and i have seen draft contracts written by other greasers.
My oil sits inside the resturants and no one could thieve it if they wanted to.
I'm not too worried about my resturants going to someone else for there oil disposal as we have pretty good relations and i keep it that way. I gave the cooks at one place 20 bucks last christmas - these guys are mexican working for minimal wages and probably 20 bucks went a long way for them. They were gratefull.
I spend money at all my resturants except one and that one is managed by my brother in law so thats no worry either.
A contract could be benificial in some cases though.

Those relationships sound familiar to what mine are...friends helping friends.

I might just draft something up to be safe...never know what can happen.

·
Premium Member
17,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would bet that some of the hippies have both kinds of roaches in their rides.:hehe:
What other kind of roaches are there? :dunno:

:lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts