Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm the proud owner of an 2003 E-450 turbo diesel - for tailgating. My friend, an army vet who worked on tanks and humvees, is my mechanic. He's going back to school and doesn't have a lot of time to work on my machine. I need to ensure I'm getting the right parts when I order them.

I ordered a glow plug relay and I think it may be the wrong one. Here's the part from O'Reilly's.

Also, if anyone could send a picture of theirs or where it is located, I'd appreciate it. I think he has the schematics, but I'm trying to be helpful.

ACDelco F1786A - Relay - Multi-Use | O'Reilly Auto Parts

Thanks everyone!

Also, I didn't order the part here, I have connections to get it wholesale.

·
Registered
4,206 Posts
:ORG welcome:

here ya go!

http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/7-3-repair-help/45887-glow-plug-aih-relay-locations.html

also, dotn get an auto parts store relay. they are crap. get a stancor. these are highly reccomended. they can handle the 200 amp draw much better. ill be gettign one before winter as well. here is one vendor, there are a few. one, and i dont recall where has about a $20 shipping fee so try for a shipping quote ahead of time...

STANCOR ELECTRONIC|586-902|Power Contactor | Newark.com

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Freaking awesome! Thanks! I spent awhile searching today and just couldn't find a good picture. That, and I wasn't 100% what to look for. I did see people say that the Stancor was good. I'll get that ordered up.

I'm great with computers, but know nothing about engines. My buddy and I swap services.

·
Registered
4,206 Posts
im a computer guy by trade. ive spent enough time on hear to learn a ton, provided i have the tools i could do just about anything to my truck now. sometime in the next few weeks ill be gutting my fuel system.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts