Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I finally got a dent in the new truck. I was at my storage locker unloading some things, when I heard my alarm go off. I went outside, and this, well not so smart woman had crashed her hand cart with a dresser on it right into the truck! She let it roll down the hill, right smack into it :doh: :dunno: Then she proceeded to tell me how poor she was, and that she did not have any money, and then she just left. :mad:

I know the dent isn't that bad, but my estimate is about $1500, because they have to replace the entire door :doh::doh::doh: Also, it is really noticeable in person. I am just venting, some people are just so dumb, and now I have to to be out of a truck for three days...

·
Registered
314 Posts
dang man that sucks. did you get her plate #? idk if the cops can do anything or not but worth a try. i just hate ppl. its like they dont care about anything. and since most of the ppl like that dont care about there cars they arnt going to care about anyone else. i feel for ya

·
Registered
437 Posts
Please don't tell me you're paying for that out of your pocket.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
I woulda pulled out my phone and called the cops after her little story.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I know what it feels like, some person but a dent along side my driver rear door and drove off; definitely a buzz killer when it comes to selling time but It could be worse? nah not when to fix it comes out of your pocket haha ahh, sorry to hear

·
Registered
227 Posts
I'd have lost my :censored:ing mind.

not even my truck and the pictures still actually bum me out.

sorry to hear it.

·
Registered
150 Posts
It sure sucks. I would check with a couple of different body shops. From the pics it looks like the door could be saved - thus saving you some $'s. Check with your insurance company to see if they can cover it.

·
Other vehicle is an F250
18,320 Posts

·
Viking Heavy Diesel
20,739 Posts
God that sucks. I would be furious. I dont understand why you just let her leave though. Insurance man!

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Stupidity is expensive. Should have taxed her. Good luck.

·
Registered
188 Posts
damnnnn man sorry to hear that, and dont want to rub it in but your door looks like $hit ha, i dont care if she was dead gorgeous or the ugliest thing walking she would be paying for and i would have given her a piece of my mind, and if she refused to pay then i would have taken her little dresser and her shopping cart threw it in the truck and rolled coal on her on the way out the lot..............get r donneee haha (sorry if she was sexy well then maybe you could have worked out a deal)

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey thanks for the comments guys. I figured I would just share my pain with you all :hehe:

She was about the furthest thing from gorgeous one could imagine, yet I still was just so bummed out about the truck, I just wanted her to leave. My insurance will cover it, but I still have a 500 deductible, and of course my rate will probably go up:doh:

After thinking about it, I am really feeling stupid for not getting her info. I just figured that since it wasn't her car that hit me, I would be SOL. However, she does have a unit there, so I am guessing I can get all her info. But the idiots at the place won't pick up the phone, so I have to drive back over there.

And for the record, they are replacing the door, because the dent actually reaches up, past where you can see in the pics. According to the body shop, our trucks have VERY flimsy panels, that move a lot, just go and push on your door, you will see what I am talking about. So, if they just bondo it, as soon as someone leans against it or something, it will flex, and crack the bondo.

WHAT A F***ING PAIN :doh:

2,850 Posts
I would still get her info from the storage place if possible. They may even have it on video if they have security cameras. I wouldn't let her get off that easy :dunno:.

·
Registered
689 Posts
I'd pursue it if I were you. If she has homeowners or renters insurance then she should have liability coverage for stuff like this. Liability coverage on a homeowners or renters policy has no deductible for her or you. It's worth finding out if she has it.

Good luck:thumb:

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'd pursue it if I were you. If she has homeowners or renters insurance then she should have liability coverage for stuff like this. Liability coverage on a homeowners or renters policy has no deductible for her or you. It's worth finding out if she has it.

Good luck:thumb:
I am definitely going to try, I at least want my $500 deductible back.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Several years ago I had someone dent my old truck right above the rear window. My agent told me because it was in a parking lot and no one was at fault I didn't have to pay a deductible. It might be the way my policy was set up. Might be worth a check. :dunno:

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
wow man. thats terrible. call around all the wrecking yards and try to find a black door of the same year truck. i know its very new so it will be hard but thats what i would do if i was paying out of pocket. Im not even go do the should have would have bs. thats terrible man.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
The whole door doesn't need replaced for that. Pull it out with a stud gun, bondo it up. Best part is that your truck is black. Black is black unlike other colors that have to be matched and faded into the other paint. With black you can just spray that door and it will match the rest of the truck. It could be done completely in about 5 hours max.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
nah you'd still have to pay a deductible my older sister was at my youger sisters basketball game at a high school someone pulled in next to her and scrapped the whole driver side of her car to hell needed 2 new doors front fender rim it was bad and they couldnt find who did it she still had to pay the deductible for it

1 - 20 of 27 Posts