Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
Thought I would share some info with about this experience :woot:
Today I as I passed by Gullo Ford in Conroe, Tx I saw a 2011 f350 King Ranch 4x4, so I immediately pulled a u turn. The Ford guys that was there said he had driven it from MI and was showing it all across to the Ford dealer ships. I asked him a few questions about, and the best part was he gave me the keys :nod: to that beast and told me to start it up. Let me tell you, that thing was the quietest diesel I have ever heard, It was like a gasser. The electronics on it were amazing, it's has so many options it's crazy. One thing that I did ask him was about the MPG's, I don't know if he was bs in me but he said at 55mph he was getting 23mpg and at 75mpg 18mpg, I was like:Shocked: So I hope it's true. The truck all around is top noch and very roomy compred to my dmax. So you can guess what my next truck will be,2011:icon_ford:
One thing I did missed was to take pictures :doh: I was toooo excited about the truck. sorry If I see it tomorrow I'll get some pics

·
Registered
6,505 Posts
I wonder if he is taking the urea into consideration?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wonder if he is taking the urea into consideration?

I asked him about that, and his reply was that the urea made it burn cleaner so that way it didn't produce particules that wood fill up the dpf and cause it to regen.:dunno:

·
Registered
6,505 Posts
Yea I know but it's $3/gal so I'm wondering if he was taking that into consideration with the MPG figures? I hope you get some pics :thumb:

·
Registered
226 Posts
The urea is such a small amount per mile I dont think anybody is goign to consider it in thier figures, the trucks are supposed to have 5-7 gal tank and be filled every 5K miles at least. that is 15$ per 5K miles, thats cheaper than an oil change. My wifes suv already has urea on it and it doesnt use much, supposed to be filled every 10K miles, I dont know how big the urea tank is but the fuel tank is only 24 gal so I bet the urea tank is less than 5.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The urea is such a small amount per mile I dont think anybody is goign to consider it in thier figures, the trucks are supposed to have 5-7 gal tank and be filled every 5K miles at least. that is 15$ per 5K miles, thats cheaper than an oil change. My wifes suv already has urea on it and it doesnt use much, supposed to be filled every 10K miles, I dont know how big the urea tank is but the fuel tank is only 24 gal so I bet the urea tank is less than 5.
What kind of SUV does your wife drive that it has urea on it?

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Ford is building it. They kicked International to the curb after the 6.0 and 6.4

·
Registered
6,505 Posts
So no pics I guess???????

·
Registered
313 Posts
6.7 is made in mexico. The blocks are suppose to be casted in brazil.

you'd have to find an article on it directly from ford. But I'm pretty sure that is correct.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
GTOdmax... Explain your username please... If it is what I think, you have one of the Airboats GTO here in Ocala has dropped a duramax in?? I've seen them here, I believe they have made 6 or 8

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hey thats awsome! I know the ford rep you are talking about. His name is John and he was driving that F-350 King ranch all around to train the sales and service departments at the ford dealerships. That guy is a Genuis when it comes to Ford products. His product knowledge is amazing. He was driving that maroon one with the bed cover right?
Small world :)

·
Viking Heavy Diesel
20,740 Posts
Cool. I cant wait to see them in person

1 - 20 of 24 Posts