Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 96 F-250 PSD and just finished installing my stage 1 injectors from Jim at Rosewood diesel. The truck is running great, and is making a ton of power! (And black smoke of course! :) )

I have only one question, because I like to worry about stuff a lot!
I noticed in the vids that you are supposed to lube the sh!t out of the injector o-rings, and that is the one step I did not do. The injector cups were still wet with oil and fuel when I put them in, so there was still some lubrication there to get them in. They all went in with me using my hand ONLY to whack them in, too. I am just worried that I could have damaged an o-ring and in the NEAR future this is going to rear its ugly head on me. Like I said the truck runs great right now, would a problem have showed up right away? Am I in the clear if the truck runs great?

Thanks a lot guys!
Bobby

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I would say that if the hole was lubed you should be ok. If you start to have a problem you will know where to look. JJ

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply!

The holes were still wet with oil when I dropped them in so it isn't like I put them in BONE dry. They all slid in just fine with my hand only too. They would all hit a certain point in the bores, and then they would drop the last 1/2" and make a little clunk noise. I didn't have to get incredible hulk with them or anything. :)

Thanks again guys! :bump:

·
Too cool for school
9,886 Posts
let me know how long your tranny lasts! no seriously, im runnning stock tranny on my 95 so should these injectors be ok? or should i get jim to build thm to like 130-140cc????

thanks

·
BIG TRUCK, SMALL DRIVER
5,877 Posts
I think you will be fine as long as you didn't have to beat the injectors in.

·
Registered
226 Posts
how big of upgraded injectors can a person use without getting big oil?

·
Registered
70 Posts
The injector O-rings should be fine. you would know very quickly if they were bad.

I would only go Stage ones or so with out upgrading oil supply.

·
Registered
226 Posts
How many cc's are stage ones? How many cc's are my stock ones?

·
Too cool for school
9,886 Posts
stocks are 90cc, and stage 1's are usually 160cc's. But I've talked to Jim from Rosewood via e-mail and he says he'll build them to any size you want, like 130-150cc if you want "tranny savers" which i'll probably do maybe this summer if dad okay's it.

arent the 99-03 trucks like 120cc?

·
Premium Member
11,178 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks a lot for all the replys guys!!

The truck is running amazing with the new injectors, far better than it ran before, and the oil level is holding nicely! The tranny is holding just fine too, but I don't think the converter is liking the power too much. It seems to flash pretty high when you stomp it, which is understandable since it wasn't made for this kind of power. I am not going to beat it too hard until I get a converter and have the tranny gone through maybe later on in the year.

Thanks again guys!

~Bobby

·
Registered
419 Posts
Your probably ok, but the main thing is to lube the rings so they don't tear or get damaged on install.
If you run into issues down the road, just keep in mind it could be an o-ring that wasn't lubed.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts