Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i was driving my truck into work yesterday, (80miles), and noticed that it started shaking driving at highway speeds... so i back out of the throttle and could still feel the shaking. After work heading home (40 miles) the shaking was getting worse. I need some troubleshooting help guys, any suggestions on where to start? I am going to check the lug nuts when i get off tomorrow, but i have put about 1000 miles on it since the tires got pulled off. HELP :( :( :(

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Have you checked the U joints?
Also check the Drive shaft steady bearing to see if you can shake it.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am glad you asked that i cannot turn the rear driveline at all and that steady bearing is on the rear end of the front shaft right? If so that has play also that bearing has a getto spacer in it apperantly to keep the drive lines from mashing into each other cause i had the spacer out and it vibrated but not this bad.... so how do you change that bearing?

Dallas you are ol' faithfull... i figured i would hear from you with about my problem...

·
Registered
5,370 Posts
he dont have ladder bars first off.

and i figured it out!:nod::nod:

i drove his truck around after tightening all the lug nuts and still did it so i checked the drive line and it was nice and tight. till i got to the rear end an noticed the U joint is to small!!! lol :doh:

Dont worry lil jake. Diesel's got ya:thumb:

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks bud... I hate duty day, they always suck...

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i just so happen to have a new ujoint in the tool box so a cheap fix thanks bud

·
Registered
5,370 Posts
:pokeis that a hint?

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
i just so happen to have a new ujoint in the tool box so a cheap fix thanks bud
Ive changed mine so many times Ive memorized the part number for it.:doh:

·
Registered
2,096 Posts

·
Registered
5,370 Posts
You guys have pritty much the same mods and very similar mods:hehe:

well i have known him for 3 1/2 years now and we work together. i bought my truck and 2 days later he got one to:hehe: so we help each other work on our trucks and do the same mods.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
its cheaper that way :hehe:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts