Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got them on, look sweet IMO. Not impressed with the design of the wiring though. These are factory Ford emblems, then Recon cuts out the F350 or F250 and installs the lighted part on the backside of the emblem. The factory line-up tabs are still on. On the truck there are 3 holes. Two for the line-up tabs, and one in the center. Well, the wires dont line up with the center hole. Soooo, either drill out the center hole larger (already a 1/2 hole) or do like I done, cut off the tabs, and line up so the wires go through the center hole, and place so the emblem covers up the other two holes. :crazy:

Here are some shots... Pics are not the best, but you will get the idea...

I also got a red kit for the tailgate. Only used one. The emblems are made for the front fenders, the tailgate emblems have different line-up holes. :doh: I cut off the left tab, used the right side, and drilled a new hole for the wires. I also drilled a hole at the bottom of the tailgate to run the wires down behind the bumper, installed a 4 round trailer plug (case I want to remove the tailgate) and tapped into the trailer plug for power.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Those emblems look sweet. Not sure about all of the chrome accents though.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Ha, good thing you dont get an electric bill for vehicles...you would be done...

·
Super Moderator
19,812 Posts
Oh Sure - Now there's another Mod I have to look at!!! :hehe:

Looks good!!! :thumb:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Neat product, but that's way too much chrome, lighting, and random stuff there for about 5 trucks, much less one.

Less is more people.

·
Premium Member
11,060 Posts
It's a shame the quality fit and finish are up making a new low standard of production for Recon. Good you made it work for you. Those things look great!!

·
Once you go black......
2,514 Posts
Looks good...do you know where to find a set these days? Seems they have dropped right off the market. I've done a thousand good searches.....

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks good...do you know where to find a set these days? Seems they have dropped right off the market. I've done a thousand good searches.....
Towards the end of August, a month after I installed these the drivers side light started to get a dark spot at the bottom of the 350. I told the dealer and they contacted their distributer. That lady spent 2 days before finally finding someone from RECON to talk to, took another month for RECON to agree to warranty the light. The dealer and I are still waiting for the light to arrive and its the end of October. The red one on the tailgate is doing the same thing now.

When it rains or I wash the truck, water gets inside the light and you can just apply a little pressure to the emblem and see the water moving inside. I think thats the problem, they are not sealed up good enough.

RECON has some neat items, but the quality of these need some work and the customer service sucks!!!

·
riddin' high
2,877 Posts
where the heck did you get lighted fender emblems?

·
Once you go black......
2,514 Posts
Towards the end of August, a month after I installed these the drivers side light started to get a dark spot at the bottom of the 350. I told the dealer and they contacted their distributer. That lady spent 2 days before finally finding someone from RECON to talk to, took another month for RECON to agree to warranty the light. The dealer and I are still waiting for the light to arrive and its the end of October. The red one on the tailgate is doing the same thing now.

When it rains or I wash the truck, water gets inside the light and you can just apply a little pressure to the emblem and see the water moving inside. I think thats the problem, they are not sealed up good enough.

RECON has some neat items, but the quality of these need some work and the customer service sucks!!!
Ah, that explains it I guess. I don;'t know why they don't just silicon the crap out of everything. Just build it water tight and it will save you problems?
Recon has some things to work on. But they may never improve since their clientele is ridiculously high...

where the heck did you get lighted fender emblems?
from RECON, but they have been pulled from shelves...either DOT or bad quality

·
Registered
324 Posts
Damn thats a lot of chrome and lights, you definitely gonna see that truck coming!

·
Registered
795 Posts
Those are pretty neat! I wish they made the lumi logo for the front oval still, I had one on my 03 and that made it stand out. oh and the website is RECON Truck Accessories They do have a ton of sweet stuff!

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Here are pictures of the issues I have with mine. The dark spots. :doh:

Passenger side bottom left on the 5

Tailgate F. 5 and 0

Drivers side 3,5,and 0

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Washed the truck the other night. Next morning I looked at the drivers side emblem and tons of water inside. Flipped the parking lights on, :soapbox: now it wont come on at all!

The Ford dealer called their distributor again, and they are waiting to hear from Recons customer service. Seems Recon just ignores complaints or warranty issues. What a waste of money these were. :doh:

·
Once you go black......
2,514 Posts
Washed the truck the other night. Next morning I looked at the drivers side emblem and tons of water inside. Flipped the parking lights on, :soapbox: now it wont come on at all!

The Ford dealer called their distributor again, and they are waiting to hear from Recons customer service. Seems Recon just ignores complaints or warranty issues. What a waste of money these were. :doh:
Damn...sorry to hear that bud. Most on this site seems to think recon is crap, all around. My driver's side Superduty illuminated doorsill finally died today. Lasted 2 years though so I'm not complaining. But they need to up their quality standards:doh:
I ordered these lit badges from 4wheelparts.com but they f###ed my order completely. Guess I won't get these after all....

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well the drivers side decided to work again, well most of it. :dunno: Kinda wished it would have stayed off, really looks like :censored: now. :doh:

·
Once you go black......
2,514 Posts
My order for these emblems has now been cancelled. Reason being that Recon is redesigning these things (so they say)

Maybe the future holds a more promising product that won't fail like this one did.... But at least they looked good for a little while :dunno:

·
Registered
1 Posts
i just put recon smoked lights in my 03 truck mirrors and they change it a lot. i love them. i have the black on black package and now im lookin for some smoke led halo projector lights. does anyone know a good set? and can you tell me a little bit about how they work. im finding out there is a lot to learn about them.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts