Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my truck only does this if I let it sit for over 8 hours.The first time i start it up, it will start up but run VERY rough. So i checked my codes and its saying this-

Injector circ low cylinder 1-8- says the same thing for all 8 injectors
Exhaust gas recirculation circ range/perf
fuel injector ctrl mod perf

Sorry if this has come up already. Im at work and dont have much time to go through the forums, trying to see what the damage is going to be after i find out all what i need for this...
thanks everyone

·
Premium Member
1,064 Posts
You need a monitor of some sort. Could be a stuck egr valve, pull her off and clean her up.
In order to say something is up with your ficm you need to know how much voltage it is putting out, should be 47 to 49v.
a stuck egr valve will run like chit or not crank at all.
It could be weak batterys. I would Have the batteries load tested at the parts store. If you have a bad battery you probably have a bad ficm.

·
Premium Member
1,064 Posts
That's a good start. I would definitely have your batteries and alternater checked. Let us know what comes from that. If your batteries are not putting out 12v you will have all kinds of start and running issues.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright I will let you know. Thanks for the input. Both batteries should be putting out 12v correct? Ill get those checked tomorrow morning.

Monitor should be here next wednesday. Those guys at Innovative sure help out a lot.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So bluedemon, batteries are charging well, but the health of my batteries are not in good shape. If that helps at all?

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
replace them if they are not putting 12v. if they are giving anyless it can kill your ficm and drop injectors 1 by 1. replace that batteries and it may even solve the problem. still. clean the egr valve watch the you tube how to video and go get a gasket set/kit

·
Premium Member
1,064 Posts
replace them if they are not putting 12v. if they are giving anyless it can kill your ficm and drop injectors 1 by 1. replace that batteries and it may even solve the problem. still. clean the egr valve watch the you tube how to video and go get a gasket set/kit
What he said.:agree:
How old is your batteries? 5 years is about the cut off on batteries but if the batteries were load tested they should have told you if they were bad or not.
Mine were just load tested at 850 cold cranking amps and they were good for 911 cold cranking amps. The parts store should have gave you a print out.
If you are running this rig, you could be damaging your ficm. I'm speaking from experence. A $300 fix turns into 1000. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
627 Posts
So my truck only does this if I let it sit for over 8 hours.The first time i start it up, it will start up but run VERY rough. So i checked my codes and its saying this-

Injector circ low cylinder 1-8- says the same thing for all 8 injectors
Exhaust gas recirculation circ range/perf
fuel injector ctrl mod perf

Sorry if this has come up already. Im at work and dont have much time to go through the forums, trying to see what the damage is going to be after i find out all what i need for this...
thanks everyone
I have the same codes come up except the exhaust gas! I checked because my damn engine light went on. The first time it went on was a week ago and I ran it for the codes with an uncle and he cleared it saying it might be a glitch (BTW he is a very expert GM mechanic) but now it turned back on again and I am guessing it will run up the same errors. What I noticed is that both times the engine light turned on was at night when it got chilly.

It can not be the batteries because they are brand new optima yellow tops that I just installed like 2-3 months back! I really hope it isnt the FICM. Should I be afraid to drive it?

·
Premium Member
1,064 Posts
I have the same codes come up except the exhaust gas! I checked because my damn engine light went on. The first time it went on was a week ago and I ran it for the codes with an uncle and he cleared it saying it might be a glitch (BTW he is a very expert GM mechanic) but now it turned back on again and I am guessing it will run up the same errors. What I noticed is that both times the engine light turned on was at night when it got chilly.

It can not be the batteries because they are brand new optima yellow tops that I just installed like 2-3 months back! I really hope it isnt the FICM. Should I be afraid to drive it?
Do you have a monitor or gauges? You need to know what voltage your ficm is putting out. It needs to be 47 to 49v. If it is below 47v you have a ficm going bad. There is a way you can test the voltage without a monitor but I have not done it. Hopefully somebody can chime in or you can research how to check ficm on 6.0. Plus I'm on my phone so researching is a little difficult.
I would not drive the rig if it is throwing injector codes. At least check your ficm with a volt meter. That is my 2 cents.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Do you have a monitor or gauges? You need to know what voltage your ficm is putting out. It needs to be 47 to 49v. If it is below 47v you have a ficm going bad. There is a way you can test the voltage without a monitor but I have not done it. Hopefully somebody can chime in or you can research how to check ficm on 6.0. Plus I'm on my phone so researching is a little difficult.
I would not drive the rig if it is throwing injector codes. At least check your ficm with a volt meter. That is my 2 cents.
Could the "Injector circ low cylinder 1-8- says the same thing for all 8 injectors" be due to a faulty FICM? Or is that a whole other issue on its own.

·
Premium Member
1,064 Posts

Just because you have new batteries does not mean your alternator is not charging your batteries correctly. Trust me 10 min of your time to have batteries load tested and alternator checked can save you $$. Especially if you don't have a monitor.

·
Premium Member
1,064 Posts
Could the "Injector circ low cylinder 1-8- says the same thing for all 8 injectors" be due to a faulty FICM? Or is that a whole other issue on its own.
The ficm has to have 12v all the time, that is cranking or running. I'm not trying to talk like a pro because im not. Your ficm is pretty much what controls all 8 of the injectors. If your voltage has drop below 47v your ficm is going out. It is that simple. It will slowly get worse.

·
Registered
19 Posts
If you really want some expert in-depth ficm information, I'd give the guys at ficmrepair.com a call. Hear more and more people talking on the forums about their knowledge (and repair if it comes down to it).

·
Registered
420 Posts

All 8 injectors being bad is pretty unlikely, the common thread is the FICM which will cause all 8 injectors to have a code. Usually you will also get the FICM code (I think P0611) when you get all these injectors codes, but not always.

Check your FICM voltage per the procedure floating around here and you will find out for sure, but I would think it is almost 100% certain your FICM is bad.

Change it now before it ruins your injectors.

MiekB

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
All 8 injectors being bad is pretty unlikely, the common thread is the FICM which will cause all 8 injectors to have a code. Usually you will also get the FICM code (I think P0611) when you get all these injectors codes, but not always.

Check your FICM voltage per the procedure floating around here and you will find out for sure, but I would think it is almost 100% certain your FICM is bad.

MiekB
So, if it is the FICM, would you go with a 58v? or 48v? What would a bigger one do? Also ive been reading it may be, because of the batteries? should I replace the batteries as well? My batteries are in poor health but charging well...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Also, replacing my batteries, im going to go with optima, which ones should i go with? Dont really know much about batteries so any help is appreciated...

·
Registered
627 Posts

MiekB
That is what my uncle said about all 8 being bad is not likely and it may be due to a faulty FICM or some glitch. I got codes for all 8 injectors and FICM code. I am definitely going to test the FICM. If I need replacement what FICM would you guys recommend, from Factory or aftermarket?

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
Also, replacing my batteries, im going to go with optima, which ones should i go with? Dont really know much about batteries so any help is appreciated...
Not much good has been said about using the optima batteries with the 6.0.......you might want to reconsider that. Duralast gold gets great reviews, my walmart batteries lasted 5 years. Don't drive your truck like this. Jmo

Sent from my phone that somebody didn't help me get.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts