Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im away from home and not around my computer so im on my phone. i am running the rcd 585 tune and i let my mother inlaw drive the truck and it came back to me with the cel on. i pulled the codes and thiis is what i got p0106 and p2262 one is a turbo code and the other is a map sensor. i dont want to drive the truck and mess it up so could someone throw me a bone here. any help would sure be appreciated i dont wana blow this truck up to.

2,850 Posts
Heres what I found for those codes...

P0106 - Manifold Absolute Pressure/BARO Sensor Range/Performance - This diagnostic compares MAP and BP pessures at idle conditions, when they should be within a specified range. - This error is set if the MAP sensor reading is above or below the thresholds for a predetermined period of time.

P2262 - Turbocharger/Supercharger Boost Pressure Not Detected - Mechanical
This error occurs if the MAP sensor readings are below a calibrated value for a predetermined amount of time. - Engine speed and torque based table >30 sec - System error, CAC hose, MAP sensor plugged...

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Has anyone on here had to replace the map sensor? I loaded a tow tune on the truck because I have to tow a cargo trailer full of show stuff home. And I just drove the truck to barnes and noble to get on there wifi and I dont have the code anymore. Could it just have been a glitch or do yall think my map sensor is taking a dump?

·
Other vehicle is an F250
18,320 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,819 Posts
I would replace it anyway, but isn't this a new truck Colt? I would think that the sensor would not already be bad. If the light comes on again I would contact RCD and see if this has been something that has been an issue. If not then get a new sensor

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah its a new truck but if its something small like a sensor that I can buy and replace for 100 bucks I would much rather do that then return to stock. Does anyone know where i can get the sensor? And where is it located? Thanks

·
4,488 Posts
I just called my nieghbor that owns the local wrecker service and a ford vehicle salvage.

He doesnt have a wrecked 08-09 in his yard right now, and says since the big Ford dealer that specialized in parts and where open till 6:pm an sat. shut its doors, your prob not going to find an 09 map sensor in Tulsa.:dunno:

·
Premium Member
8,819 Posts
Just in case, here is another BUMP!!!

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok here is a update! On the way home the my mother inlaw was driving my 250 and stoped at mcdonalds on the turnpike and got some food. When she go back on the free way he truck had no power at all. I told here to pull over and shut the truck off and turn it back on and then it was fine. So I dont know what it is. Its like the truck wont get any boost and lugs the motor down from what she described. It hasnt happend to me yet cause I have not been driving the truck at all. Ill drive it around some today now that im home from the show and see what it does. Does any body have any ideas?

·
Premium Member
8,819 Posts
Sounds like the code/MAP sensor failure is throwing the truck into limp mode...

·
Registered
781 Posts
have you cleared the codes? and seen if they come back?

·
Other vehicle is an F250
18,320 Posts
I think your right! do you know where the map sensor is located?
Obviously no one knows where it is located considering you have asked more than once. If I had a 2009, I'd go take a picture for you. My guess is that it is mounted on the firewall and will have a vac (pressure) line going to it. It will also have an electrical plug. I don't know anybody with a '09 or I would go look at theirs for you. Come on guys.......where is the MAP sensor on a 2009?

At least you got another :bump:

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Super Moderator
31,733 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts