Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Waiting patiently in my garage, Cant clear them with my six inch procomp.. looking into getting another lift. Would looove that rize 12 inch but i don't think i can justify spending that kind of dough... Im told an 8 inch of any sort would give me just enough clearance, but im not a big fan of that stuffed look.... Is it possible to add say some 2" coil spacers to a 8" lift to achieve 10 in the front?? Has this been done? Any Idea's or suggestions of products would be greatyly apreceated!! Oh the truck is an 06 3/4 ton diesel. Thanks fellas!

·
Registered
215 Posts
i was going to do that with my procomp 8in. you can, but you have to make sure the axle is moved forward an the front drive shaft angle is corrected for the 2in spacers. oh ya you might have to get some longer shocks up front as well

·
Premium Member
2,276 Posts
You can make a 10" Rize to clear them.

There are lots of 8" lifts that I would not do that to. You run into issues with the caster angle, angle of the radius arms or length of the 4-link bars since many aren't adjustable.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think i saw that somewhere.. they were using the rize 8 + a 2.5 dr coil spacer

·
Registered
198 Posts
I had the 8 or is it 8.5 inch sky jacker? with 2.5" leveling kit on the front and i cleared them tires. i had the 20 x 12" rockstars, but that was on my old truck. now i have the rize, and love it

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Slick rig man!! Thats a rize 12 right? You wouldnt happen to have a pic of your old rig would ya?

·
Registered
198 Posts
if i can find them lol, it was a white 06, let me check man.

·
Registered
198 Posts

and heres another

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for digging them up!! That trucks pretty beefy too looks great!!! Did you have any front end issues like DCSpecial mentioned??

·
Registered
198 Posts
i didnt have any problems, and i bought the skyjacker kit, which was 8.5 i thought but its been so long it might of been an 8 man, don't get me lying to ya. then i ordered the 20 x 12 rockstars, and i didn't know they had a -44 offset. so when i got them they wouldnt fit and we already had the kit on it. so we ordered the 2.5 leveling kit, and putting bigger leaf springs in the back. i did have to order new shocks all the way around. only thing i noticed was that the coils on the front ended up getting tweeked some, but only way i noticed was because when i went to put it on our other truck. we have another 06 that has that kit, but has 38 x 13.50s on it. they do rub though. i ended up only keeping hte truck 26000 miles because i had so many problems with those doors. hope this helps

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It sure did, thanks alot!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts