Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a set of 20'' helo 835 from my girlfriend for my bday now i cant decide what tires to get I want Nitto's can anyone give me some input. I like the 305/55/20 and the 325/60/20 anybody out there running either....? I have a leveling kit so i am not totally sure the 325's will fit...thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Had a friend run Nitto Grapplers. Tread lasted less than 10K miles and that was with no burnouts, racing, etc...just normal everyday driving.

Bought ProComp Xtreme All Terrains and so did I. I love them, very little hum, great traction in all types of driving/weather and also come with a 40K mile guarantee.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow thats scary...

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Yea and he paid almost twice as much for the Nittos as he did the ProComps. Every single person that I know that runs Nitto tires (on anything other than race cars, mustangs, vettes, camaros) have sold them and bought new tires.

·
KVFD
4,061 Posts
bf all terrians buddy! I love mine! They have great grip, looks, wear, and dont howl going down the road!

·
Registered
269 Posts
what kind of nittos you are talking about - ATs or MTs? The Terra Grapplers are really good AT tires and most people get good mileage (40-50k) out of them. Mud Grapplers are really good in mud but suck for driving on the road and wear really fast (10-20k miles).

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am talking about at's

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
I have heard the same about Nitto.:doh:

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
what kind of nittos you are talking about - ATs or MTs? The Terra Grapplers are really good AT tires and most people get good mileage (40-50k) out of them. Mud Grapplers are really good in mud but suck for driving on the road and wear really fast (10-20k miles).
They were the Terra Grapplers, the A/T tires. Things were just garbage.:dunno:

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That sucks I like the look of the nitto at's the best.

·
Registered
165 Posts
ive got set of Dune Grapplers settin in the garage. they look nasty but i dont how many miles im gonna get out of em though

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
nitto mud grapplers are unreal loud

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
The only nitto tire I would buy for a vehicle is their 555R drag radials.

·
OperationSmile.org
2,011 Posts
I like the pro comp extreme ats as well. The 40k tread warranty is great. But I like to stick with the tried and true so I am still running bfg Ats. I have had 4 sets of them on different vehicles including my dads truck as well.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
no votes for toyos?

·
Registered
157 Posts
The toyos are nice but there are alot of other tires that look and last like them. I had 35 Nitto MudGrapplers on my Dodge and talk about a headache. They make a really loud hum startin at 35 mph and get louder the faster you go. You won't want to drive with your windows down if you get those, unreal loud, unreal expensive.

·
Registered
146 Posts
My truck came with the terra grapplers and they didn't last. I now run the BFG AT's, they ride so much better. When it rained the Nitto's were like slicks which made for some scary moments (no they weren't bald). I steer all the customers at my work away from the Nitto's. The BFG's have a 50K mile warranty, and they tend to balance & wear better than any other tire on the market. Spend the extra money and get the BFG's!

·
Registered
234 Posts
I am on my third set of BFG MT's. Although these are the KM2's I got 50-55K on both previous sets with alot of heavy trailer towing and the occasional burn out (people don't believe a diesel will roast them:hehe:)

I would recommend the BFG either AT or MT I just like the looks of the MT IMO.

·
Registered
895 Posts
I ran 35" nittos and I loved them, my buddy also has nittos and loves them... Procomp look cheap as hell... get terra grapplers..great tires..

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
yea i prefer the looks of a mt as well. Im running Mickey Thompson mtz's and I think they look pretty nice, got almost 20k on them with very little wear. Id buy them again, got them for 150 each out the door, brand new

1 - 20 of 24 Posts