Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got my truck back from the shop. 2500.00 later lol Cant wait to get some other mods on it. I had stage 1 injectors put in and I have a new set of gauges sitting in the living room waiting to be put in. next up is the 3" down pipe and an AFE stage 2 intake. already have a programmer
Is the bb mod worth doing?

·
I have excessive flatulance!!
1,273 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had my injectors rebuilt to stage ones, had my rear main seal replaced , new fly wheel, new glow plugs , new internal wire harness, new seal put in my front output shaft of my tranfer case, new water pump. Thats all I can remember. lol
The bad thing is they found a leak in my oil pan gasket. They where able to drop the pan enough to get some silocone in there and have stopped the leak for now. If it starts leaking I'm gonna have them fix that and do the down pipe a the same time. If not I'll do the down pipe my self

·
Doesn't Even Care
18,044 Posts
Man, thst a lot of dough, do you notice if the truck is faster? have you done anyhting to the turbo to help the stage 1s?

·
Super Moderator
13,238 Posts
glad you got it back!!!!! truck looks real nice too!

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm not to turbo savy. lol I found this garret will it give me what I need to go with my stage 1's ?

"Rebuilt 7.3 powerstroke diesel turbocharger with the larger performance banks compressor wheel. All bearings and seals are replaced with hi quality parts that meet or exceed garrett's standards.Turbocharger is rebalanced on the latest digital equiptment.I specilize in rebuilding and custom turbochargers so feel confident you are getting a quality turbo that has been professionally built.
Included with turbo as shown in pictures:

*Steel turbine inlet gasket

*Both oil line O rings

*Compressor housing outlet gasket"

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
And yes. It has alot more power, but my fuel mileage is horrible. between 8mpg and 11mpg. (pending on the wind lol) I can use all the info you can give. Like I said I plan on a new intake and a new 3" down pipe. But those alone will be around 600.00 and I've all ready dropped 2500.00 last week. So I need to go kinda cheap if I can

·
Registered
117 Posts
If you get a tymar intake (best intake in my oppinion and a lot of other guys) that will run you about 150 to your door. And the down pipe should be about the same. I think tymar sells one of them too. The intake is an open-element type and is the best, especially for the price, around.

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
Ive found that turbo on e-bay before. its just a private guy rebuilding the stocker. your not going to see much of a gain out of it. if you want a true perofrmance turbo your going to have to go with the d66 turbo from beans diesel performance.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts