Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It came in the mail yesterday right on time I ran the the canned performance tune its awesome except for the shifting got my tunes today from Eric loaded the street tune it shifts awesome and got good power so I'm pleased but thinking about more :thumb:
Is the extreme tunes worth the extra coin would it be safe for my stock studs?
Thinking about upgrading already only put a hundred km on :hehe:

I'm NOT disappointed at all but I expected more from the street tune doesn't pull as hard as the canned performance tune and no smoke is that the difference from custom to extreme? :dunno:

:thumb:[email protected] is awesome they put up with my stupid emails trying to figure out the software crap and I ended up figuring it out on my own and they have the best shipping on the web hats off to the innovative team:thumb:

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
I have the Xtreme Street tune on my truck with stock studs and have had no problems with it.

Back before my lift I was able to cut 4.15 0-60 (timed by the Bullydog Outlook Monitor) in it with a 4x4 boosted launch. So yea it is pretty mean.

·
Premium Member
4,129 Posts
Big differance between street and the Extreme Race. I ran my 05 on Extreme Race everyday. The only thing I had was a plugged EGR cooler, but that happens on stock trucks as well as stretched head bolts. 99% of the 6.0L tuners we sell are Innovative Diesel custom SCT's. Good choice!

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess I'm going to be talking to Eric tomorrow

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Go for it. You can't go wrong with them.

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
Innovative has been getting hyped up a lot recently around the powerstroke forums. good to see, good to see. I'm thinking about slapping the emblems on my rig cuz the customer service is great....oh the tunes are pretty sweet also. lol

·
Registered
481 Posts
Congrats on the SCT! I just installed mine also. I have only ran the Xtreme Street tune so far and i love it. I have the Street tune but haven't tried it yet.

I'm sure you'll really enjoy the Xtreme Street tune

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just got the extreme street in today and it is sick is all I can say any more than 1/3 trottle is too much in town and the shifts are sweet to

·
Registered
481 Posts
I just got the extreme street in today and it is sick is all I can say any more than 1/3 trottle is too much in town and the shifts are sweet to
Thats exactly right :nod:

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My gauges ain't in till tomorrow so I'm not running it hard what kind of temps are you seeing on extreme

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
I don't think I've seen over 1300 with xtreme street....the times I've actually looked at my commander.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Yeah I run my exreme street daily and havent seen over 1300 ..

·
Banned
0 Posts
That sounds about right for Xtreme Street. Maybe as high as 1350 but no more than that with a straight pipe. I can see just a little over 1400 with the Xtreme Race.

·
Premium Member
13,244 Posts
who did you buy your SCT through???

·
Registered
112 Posts
That sounds about right for Xtreme Street. Maybe as high as 1350 but no more than that with a straight pipe. I can see just a little over 1400 with the Xtreme Race.
Must be something wrong with my truck then. I had a straight pipe (threw the cat back in on my trip to CA just in case the CHP nazis pulled me over) and running the extreme street WOT I push 1450 no problem and then I back off. I would say that when I hit 1450 I am at about 50 mph.:dunno:

I have the zoodad, airaid intake, straight pipe, and I lost a few pounds. Anyone know what could be the problem?

·
Registered
570 Posts
Yes Eric and the innovative team is great! they took the time to help me with many questions also. Ended up buying the extreme tunes from Innovative but the extreme street wont shift right on my truck. tried putting it back to stock and reprograming it but didnt help. It dossnt know when to shift between 3 and 4. dunno whats up. any suggestions? over all SCT is AWSOME! and INNOVATIVE IS AWSOME!

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Must be something wrong with my truck then. I had a straight pipe (threw the cat back in on my trip to CA just in case the CHP nazis pulled me over) and running the extreme street WOT I push 1450 no problem and then I back off. I would say that when I hit 1450 I am at about 50 mph.:dunno:

I have the zoodad, airaid intake, straight pipe, and I lost a few pounds. Anyone know what could be the problem?
Mine did the exact same thing before I got the Spearco Intercooler.

I could go from a dead stop to WOT and be at 1400+ in a matter of 40 feet. She would keep climbing as long as I wanted to keep the pedal down.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts