Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Dirtleg
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looks good havnt drove around yet to see if the egts droped any, but i found my smoking problem the boost tube and the intake have oil all in them the intake is all caked up. is this a sign of a bad turbo seal

·
Registered
214 Posts
Not sure if its a bad sign but when I put my CFM on I found the same thing. I asked acouple diesel mechanics at my local dealership and they said that it was normal:dunno:

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
yeah I had to clean alot of oil out when I did my intake elbow also if you don't get it clean out it might blow off also

·
Rice Hunter
4,036 Posts
Pretty norm for these 6.0L
It doesn't take long to coke up at all

·
Compression Ignition Addict
7,688 Posts
I rerouted the cc vapors to a frame rail filter and then back to the intake tube. It took a while, but the filter finally got saturated and I drained several tablespoons of oil out of it yesterday. It is a GREAT mod. I installed it so that the ccv tube initially takes a vertical path up and over the brake master cylinder. From there, it goes down to the frame filter in a constant slope downwards (I made sure I did not create any pockets to trap oil and create more back pressure). From the filter, it is a constant vertical slope back up to the intake tube. It is working VERY WELL!

·
Dirtleg
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i read alot about this ccv mod but will it drip oil out all over the drive way after you turn the truck off if you dont put a canister on it

·
Dirtleg
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
here is a couple of pics second one is a little blurry

Attachments

·
Dirtleg
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i have no clue mine is not taped but it has the hole to be taped, i run the edege insight monitor

·
Premium Member
20,358 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts