Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Picked up a new to me 2004 King Ranch last night, clean oasis and not a scratch even in the bed. Garaged and barely driven at 36K miles. I traded a 2004 4 years ago that had more miles on it then this one...

Looks like all the guy ever did was wash it!

I'm a little nervous about it not being run hard but I'll take care of that and see what happens...After my emissions test I'm going to tackle the EGR and will just delete and reinstall for testing...make sense? 1st order of business is a coolant filter and getting the oil cooler checked out.

·
Registered
7,846 Posts
First off sounds nice:thumb: If your going to mod it a lot then i'd look into some ARP headstuds.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
probably won't put a tune on it for a while, just make it reliable for now and gradually move to tunes etc as I gain confidence. Last thing I want to do to this lazy dog it shake it up a bit. Studs are in the future but hopefully when I'm ready and not the truck.

·
Registered
7,846 Posts
True hopefully it works out that way for you:thumb:

·
Premium Member
871 Posts
Picked up a new to me 2004 King Ranch last night, clean oasis and not a scratch even in the bed. Garaged and barely driven at 36K miles. I traded a 2004 4 years ago that had more miles on it then this one...

Looks like all the guy ever did was wash it!

I'm a little nervous about it not being run hard but I'll take care of that and see what happens...After my emissions test I'm going to tackle the EGR and will just delete and reinstall for testing...make sense? 1st order of business is a coolant filter and getting the oil cooler checked out.
Dare I ask how much?

·
Registered
7,846 Posts
Im sure it was a pretty penny.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
$26K down from the $51K original 2004 sticker...cost him about $725 per mile in depreciation.

Just crazy IMO to spend that much on a car and let it sit. Hopefully I got the better end of it but only time will tell. Even if I have to spend $5K building it out with studs and other upgrades I think I win with having a truck with that low of milage.

·
Premium Member
17,255 Posts
Nice find!
How bout pics?

·
Super Moderator
19,435 Posts
Congrats on the new ride! Enjoy!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
some pics...

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Thanks, I looked long and hard at a lot of trucks, just have to be ready to pounce when you think it is right. Called at 4:00 yesterday and had the deal worked out by 5:30. It was at a honda dealer in more of a city setting, out near me it would only have been on the lot for a couple hours before someone scooped it up.

It really is like a brand new truck, everything under the hood has zero corrosion, I don't know how that is possible. I'm really happy for now, but have open eyes and want to be ready to fix things for good when they go bad.

·
Premium Member
17,255 Posts
some pics...
Man i love that interior.
Level that dude and lift it 4-6" and put some big puppy smashers under it and it will look badazz!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Man i love that interior.
Level that dude and lift it 4-6" and put some big puppy smashers under it and it will look badazz!
Me too, I wasn't looking for a King Ranch but don't mind a bit!

I'll lift it in good time for sure

Will be my DD for a couple years and then it will go UP no doubt. I promise to do it justice...engine first though.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for all the comments guys! I was grinning ear to ear this morning on the way to work every time the turbo spooled up...its good to be back!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
1 - 19 of 19 Posts