Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my intercooler today. Has the aluminum end tanks, along with all piping, couplers, clamps, and spider. All came from early 99 spider has 2" for the heads. Am I gonna need anything else to throw in on?

Sent from my HERO200 using AutoGuide App

·
Full A-Team Member
6,407 Posts
along with all piping
All what piping? The E99 pipes? They wont work...need to be cut and modified to fit or custom IC pipes. Didnt see if you had the spyder to turbo clamp from the E99, you also need that, and balls enough to cut the holes in your truck :thumb:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Anyone else use E99 stuff wanna chime in on what all they had to do. I plan on cutting and beating, for $130 I couldn't pass it up

·
Full A-Team Member
6,407 Posts
Just tellin ya what you WILL need, those pipes WONT work no matter how much you beat on em. Dang good price for the stuff you got!

·
Premium Member
23,192 Posts
Just cut one pipe a lil shorter it will work, do a test fit to see what you need to cut tho, the pipes will work, just a little cutting required, the turbo clamp is 18$ at Ford, and make sure you tell the parts guy its for a 98 build year but a 99 model. Sorry I don't have the part number off hand.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank 351, I knew it wasn't gonna be a bolt-on deal here, seems like nothing is for these trucks. But from all the research I've done from other sites other people have made the pipes work. When guy said it was a 99 and I seen the spider in the pics I knew I had to jump on it quick along with the all aluminum intercooler. Everything is in real good shape, even all couplers and T-bolt clamps look awesome

·
Premium Member
23,192 Posts
I have same set up, but with a 6.0 cooler, and so far I only paid for the spyder clamp to turbo, but I had to get it myself, its the only thing missing from my obs being a factory e99 motor anyway,, I have 120 cc splits stock, only thing to come out of cali that was any good imho

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm gonna break down the ford here in a few, gonna do the pedestal o-rings today before I do all my test fitting

·
Premium Member
23,192 Posts
Part number on the turbo clamp is F81Z8287DA, I just found my receipt from Ford for it.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Seems there actually quit a few OBS trucks out thete using the same pipes I have. depending on where exactly i mount the intercooler, may get lucky and only have to shorten the driver side cold pipe

·
Premium Member
23,192 Posts
Exactly, I just didn't know which one needed to be shortened. Good luck tho, let me know how much you shorten it for I put mine together

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Can do, I'm gonna try and do a whole write-up on it. It'll be Wednesday til my turbo to spyder clamp gets here along with a few other odds and ends. Gonna try and do it at a friends house. He's a phenomenal aluminum welder. Gonna try to make everything look factory along with the pipes

·
Premium Member
23,192 Posts
Yeah if I can find the extra money for the boots and I think about it I will get mine in, just being lazy.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
5,369 Posts
:popcorn2: let me know how it goes. I'm tired of mine sitting in the closet. I just haven't done it cause I don't have the time to do all the test fitting. If someone can tell me exactly what and how much needs to be cut off, I'll get it put on.

·
Full A-Team Member
6,407 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well intercooler had to get put on tge side burner, hoping to try again tgus week if weather clears, truck started running rough and core support broke clean in 2 on both sides, hopefully ill get sum pics up this week

1 - 18 of 18 Posts