Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Special. 2003 7.3 puffin white smoke from the exhaust. Fun fun fun.
Tracking down problems as I go.
Had leaking injector cups. Fix those. Flow tested my injectors and replaced one. New fuel filter, valve gaskets and pig tails. Turbo had zero play. Seemed perfect.
Anyone got a computer to run diagnostic test I could plug in to my truck for an hour?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
At idle it seems to puff white smoke from the exhaust. Puff puff puff. As you start to drive it the white smoke gets worse. Any thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
19,338 Posts
You may want to contact: Ranaway Diesel Performance in Duvall, WA - one of the members owns it.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Also, you could have fixed the problem and your muffler is just saturated with diesel. It takes some time to burn it all out

Where at in Washington are you?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update: fixed. No smoke. So the injector cup got done first. This reduced the amount of white smoke. But still had white smoke at start up, idle and driving. Checked the fuel system. Had good fuel pressure and high flow.

My dad took off the valve covers to do a compression test. #3 valve body was loose. The whole thing was loose and one side (intake I think) was flopping around. One bolt was broken off. Put a new bolt in. Torqued all the valve body bolts for all 8 cylinder. Started it up. No smoke. Haha how about that. Would have never guessed. I was thinking I had a burnt valve.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts