Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well saturday night I got out of work around 11pm and stopped by a friends house. As I left the normal o your truck isn't loud and doesnt smoke subject came up So the onyl thing to do was to show him as I left. Well needless to say as I begn my depart from the driveway, a cop was driving by, No problem I waited until e was about a block away and jumped on it layed some coal. About 30 secs later I get a call from my friend telling me that the cop busted a u turn and was headed my way. No problem I thought, I didnt do anything wrong. Low and behold the cop was now behined me with his lights on. He came up with a Pissed off look so I knew I was screwed only to find out he said I spun my wheels. In return I said officer how could I have spun my wheels I'm in a 8,000lbs truck with about 1/2 ton of weight in the back. apparently he said he seen smoke and seen me take off. I was so pissed off after he handed me a reckless driving ticket and didnt want to hear one thing I had to say so I sent him and his partner some coal on way out. Seriously how could you see tire smoke with all the black smoke rolling out my exhaust and so call hear my tires spin if my exhaust is louder then them. Man I'm pissed. :why-me:

·
Registered
387 Posts
Just take it to court, they have to "Prove" you are guilty not vice versa.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
ya and if the cop doesnt show up to court most likely the judge will shred the ticket and you wont have to pay anything

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea hopefully all goes well, will see on june 11th though

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
Dayum you need to keep those shenanigans at Atco dude! :hehe: Sorry ya got a ticket though, points on your license sucks.

·
<-Day Of Fail now SOLD
3,393 Posts
In a way you convicted your self but I doubt that the cop shows up.... But I must say when I was part of Marine Police that stuff would just make me come to give you the max.

·
Registered
387 Posts
In a way you convicted your self but I doubt that the cop shows up.... But I must say when I was part of Marine Police that stuff would just make me come to give you the max.
How did he convict himself? Doesn't a judge or jury do that? :dunno:

Why would you give him the max for blowing some smoke?

·
Premium Member
14,367 Posts
Sorry to hear about that man, that sucks. :doh:
Dirk needs to give you his secret to close calls but not getting caught. :hehe::hehe:

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
ya and if the cop doesnt show up to court most likely the judge will shred the ticket and you wont have to pay anything
I agree, And do to give you full relief, But I would put my money on he's to busy to show up.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
ya i would. Just cuz you see smoke and hear a loud truck you cant give them a ticket for that. Here i think we can only have diesel smoke out of our exhaust for only 3 seconds or some crap.

·
Premium Member
11,178 Posts

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Texas has a law about excessive smoke for more than 10 consecutive seconds... A smoke ticket is something most would be proud to get... :lol:

·
Registered
3,989 Posts
If it was late and you were in a neighborhood...i would say cool your jets and not lay on the pedal. Otherwise, give it all ya got, but you should be able to prove that your truck can smoke without spinnin the tires and get out of the ticket if it was written for the spinning of the tires. Like dirk said, go back and take pics of the street and show that there are no skid marks.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Shouldn't the burden of proof be on the officer not the citizen?

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Those days of the burden of proof being on the justice system have long passed by , while we all just pulled to the right and watched it blow right by us with tires spinning and blowing coal at us as it did.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Wouldn't that be pulling to the "Left"????

1 - 20 of 29 Posts