Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two backpressure codes. It was sitting at 359-365 kPa for backpressure. Any idea what backpressure is SUPPOSED to be? I believe the scanner said it should be above 28psi and it's at like 55psi. Is that right? Where it should be?

Please help.

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
:bump:

Btw while I had the scanner (it's a SnapOn MODIS) on I did an injector buzz test and it said no codes, I also verified that my ABS sensor is still the only one messed up (since I messed it up), and the Air Bag code was only "Pad Lamp Inoperative" code so that don't mean THAT MUCH to me.

It's the back pressure codes I'm a lil worried about. I figured it may be from my Wastegate Delete mod. :dunno:

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Oh and it said there was a KAM error code but it also said that could be from unhooking the battery(s) for a time, which I did when I put the S&B intake on.

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nobody?

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
scraph? Tank? Maintain?

...anybody home?

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yes that's right for the KAM error, and the backpressure ones i think were p0470 and 0478 or 0473 something like that... i'll have to check, i wrote them down but i can't get to them at the moment. Thanks Dirk!

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No chip or anything that i know of. But I did have the batt's unhooked for about 1.5 hours or so w/ no keep alive a couple weeks ago

codes:
p0603
p0470
p0478

is what they were.

And I appreciate your help really. thanks.

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
interesting, I'll get right on that as soon as I've got time. Sounds like fun.
I have been noticing a drop in mileage, but I did put a good intake on it and changed the fuel filter and put a tank of non-middle-of-winter-junk-blend fuel into it, Betcha this will help too.

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
holy cows in india i got more

So I cleared the codes when i had the scanner on, hooked it up again today a few days later and the backpressure ones are back obviously, cause i haven't had the chance to clean anything. And the p0603 is still gone, so that must have been from when i undid the battery but now I have 7 tranny codes! All for cruise control switches... wth?! i used it this morning it works fine! but I've got these codes, all in a row, for each button:
p1536 <- Parking Brake Applied (for high idle mode) not working? it works tho.
p0565
p0566
p0567
p0568
p0569

what do you think? i'm a little lost :dunno:

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
If these were taken with the snap-on, how were they taken? Generic read or test functions?

If the scanner asked you to do something during a test.. like apply brake, turn wheel, cycle different buttons... you will get odd codes.
Yeah it did, it was in functional tests, on a SnapOn, this time a SOLUS scanner. So it pretty much means nothing and I shouldn't worry about it? I REALLY don't wanna tear into all that wiring in/behind the steering wheel if I don't have to.

·
Premium Member
11,178 Posts
Yeah it did, it was in functional tests, on a SnapOn, this time a SOLUS scanner. So it pretty much means nothing and I shouldn't worry about it? I REALLY don't wanna tear into all that wiring in/behind the steering wheel if I don't have to.
Only if it asked you to do something.. and you didn't do it.

I wouldn't worry about it right now. I would take care of the original problem first, then move on.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Only if it asked you to do something.. and you didn't do it.

I wouldn't worry about it right now. I would take care of the original problem first, then move on.
Well that explains the parking brake switch, but the cruise control circuit faults (for each button) were in the Transmission codes section :dunno: I'm not worried about it, I just want to know.

·
Premium Member
11,178 Posts
Well that explains the parking brake switch, but the cruise control circuit faults (for each button) were in the Transmission codes section :dunno: I'm not worried about it, I just want to know.
I understand. Just focus on the back pressure issues. Quick question tho.. the 2 different scanners you used, did they both have the OBD port to serial cable adapters that uses personality keys? If so, which key did you use?

Scanning for generic odbII codes GENERALLY doesn't require a personality key on 2004(or 2005) cars/trucks but running tests will. The newer cars/trucks communicate with the CAN or CAN-BUS. I don't know anything about this setup.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I understand. Just focus on the back pressure issues. Quick question tho.. the 2 different scanners you used, did they both have the OBD port to serial cable adapters that uses personality keys? If so, which key did you use?

Scanning for generic odbII codes GENERALLY doesn't require a personality key on 2004(or 2005) cars/trucks but running tests will. The newer cars/trucks communicate with the CAN or CAN-BUS. I don't know anything about this setup.

Oh, well it did ask for a key. They both are the same system just different platforms. The screen is different, buttons are different, etc. But they both asked for Key 2A. And the backpressure codes did show up on both. Also just to clarify this is the rig in the sig, a 2000.

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
OK

So I had a day to myself so I took the time to clean out the sensor and tube. I don't think it was completely clogged but it was close. The tube was VERY restricted, the sensor was nearly clogged, and the bracket was about 60% full of soot.

Tomorrow I should be able to hook the scanner to it and see if the codes cleared. If not I will clear them and check the next day and see if they showed up again. I'll update then.

Thanks for the help! This is why I love the ORG!!!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts