Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got chip in, works great. Turbo really seems to whistle ALOT. And weird noise, like a bolt or something rattling on steel. Its coming from the air filter. its a AFE intake. What kind of problem do i have now? I love that chip!! is it normal for the service engine light to come on somethimes

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
Got chip in, works great. Turbo really seems to whistle ALOT. And weird noise, like a bolt or something rattling on steel. Its coming from the air filter. its a AFE intake. What kind of problem do i have now? I love that chip!! is it normal for the service engine light to come on somethimes
Yes the ces light will come on. One thing you can do is get a map fooler that will stop it from coming on a little bit.

As for the noise just check everything under the hood. Double check to make sure ntohing is loose.

·
Registered
882 Posts
i left a socket under the hood of mine one time and i could hear it making noise :doh: maybe you left a tool under there ?

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i left a socket under the hood of mine one time and i could hear it making noise :doh: maybe you left a tool under there ?

i hope thats all it is. That will be fun trying to find it.:doh: is it normal for the turbo to whistle LOUD!! Wow that thing has power. i stopped floored it and it will just set there and smoke the tires:woot::woot: I'll have fun in town tomorrow

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
i hope thats all it is. That will be fun trying to find it.:doh: is it normal for the turbo to whistle LOUD!! Wow that thing has power. i stopped floored it and it will just set there and smoke the tires:woot::woot: I'll have fun in town tomorrow
Swing down my way Farmboy. We can go play together.

·
Registered
882 Posts

Yea, not sure thats your problem but ive done it before so you never know. My 97' whistles pretty loud too, its normal. My 02 doesnt whistle but i bought it new and havnt touched it so its stock :hehe: for now any wase.

·
Registered
183 Posts
when does your ses light come on and at what settings? i installed mine yesterday and the ses light comes on if i get on it really hard in econo,daily,or extreme.

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
when does your ses light come on and at what settings? i installed mine yesterday and the ses light comes on if i get on it really hard in econo,daily,or extreme.
It will do that. Pretty much anything other then stock setting when you get on the accelerator hard will set off the ses light. Usually with three codes. Sometimes you will not be able to pull those codes. It is perfectly normal to have the SES light be set off when running a tune.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It will do that. Pretty much anything other then stock setting when you get on the accelerator hard will set off the ses light. Usually with three codes. Sometimes you will not be able to pull those codes. It is perfectly normal to have the SES light be set off when running a tune.

what about the wait to start light? that came on one time. ONLY one time

·
Registered
212 Posts
Might want to check for too much play in the turbo shaft. The wheel might be hitting a bit and causing the rattleing noise. But then again if the wheel was hitting , it might have granaded already. Check all the clamps and make sure you tightened them .

·
Other vehicle is an F250
18,320 Posts
Morning Farmboy,
I'm ready to order my TW chip. What tunes did you get? I just can't decide which six to get.....lot like a kid in a candy store with a dollar......what to do!? :dunno:

What brand of guages did you get? Pillar post install?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
John Wood Nut Swinger
3,413 Posts
Pull the intake tube and see if the shaft hits the sides of the turbo when you wiggle and spin it.

It sure sound like a turbo let go.

·
Registered
511 Posts
What did you find so far?

I wouldn't worry about the GP light for now.

·
Registered
13 Posts
if the wts light doesnt come on check fuses but if it runs its not the idm (injection drive module) but i had the idm short out on me awhile back and thats what happened.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Morning Farmboy,
I'm ready to order my TW chip. What tunes did you get? I just can't decide which six to get.....lot like a kid in a candy store with a dollar......what to do!? :dunno:

What brand of guages did you get? Pillar post install?

Evening, been working all day. I got economy, hi idle,heavy tow,street race,smoke,lope idle. But my lope idle doesn't work, i think he forgot to program that in. No big deal as long as i have the rest of them. If you have bigger oil,then get the extreme setting. If not get the street race, its faster than the extreme. I went with isspro gauges, love them. All i can say about the street race is WOW:woot::icon_ford:. Any more questions, feel free to ask

·
Registered
511 Posts
Turbo shaft is the problem, what do i do now? Get a new turbo?
What is your budget? I would lean towards a Van turbo before another stock POS. If you are in a hurry and tight on funds a stock will be easier to find.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts