When i go to hook the ground cables back up to the batteries it sparks alittle. WHY????? is that normal? i don't think so.
Not the chip but something is drawing power to cause the sparks. Cell phone charger plugged into the power point. CB radio turned on, something is drawing current.
Most likely yes and it is probablly so minimal that it is not killing the batteries.
You could be very correct. My light don't work no more and I have yet to replace the bulb.If im not mistaking there is a light on the under side of the hood ( in the engine compartment ) and when the hood is open that light comes on. It could be that, that is drawing power from your batteries, or if the door is open i think there are lights on it as well that come on when you open the door.