Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
gots a 2001 f350 crew cab long bed with a banks big hoss kit in it but it wont blow any black smoke someone please tell me why

·
Registered
402 Posts
could be a number of things but i think (could be wrong:doh:) that the banks kits try yo minimize smoke anyway and if you improve airflow in (intake) and airflow out (bigger or less restrictive pipes) you can burn more fuell more effeciently wich = less smoke........ just my 2 cents. btw what exactly does your kit consist of and have you done any other mods?

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
banks has always big oh were the best tuner around we make "clean" power.... (clean meaning no smoke)

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
I have a 6 gun which is not anything more than a 10K and guages. Actualy the 10K has better throttle responce. I also have a 80HP banks chip that plugs into the PCM. With the chip in and the sick gun on 6 no smoke. It is a fine set up and has decent power but nothing compared to my TW.

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
my banks mods:
banks intercooler Keep it
six gun tuner trash it and get guages
big hoss module Trash it
monster dual exhaust
transcommand tranny manager trash it
monster muffler
big head wastegate/ blowoff
banks power elbow
Get a good custom tuned chip that will do all and more than that stuff will, for what you can Ebay the banks stuff for.

You want smoke thats what ya gotta do.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
I'm a 6.0 guy, keep that in mind here guys. I notice your screen name is Veggiepower... does this mean you are running a vegistroke or WVO/SVO or Bio setup??? Does veggie or bio or any of the alternative fuels smoke???? Sorry for the hi jack, just a yes or no if any body knows

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well banks built me a special module and i have the only one in the world for a truck to run on veggie oil so thats most likely why

·
Registered
212 Posts
gots a 2001 f350 crew cab long bed with a banks big hoss kit in it but it wont blow any black smoke someone please tell me why
Bank's uses all timing and no fuel. That’s way you have no black smoke. Also if you tow be very careful, because your egt's are going to be high.

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Banks is using yo truck as a test mule? Banks has great produts. They are just a little on the PC side. With all the mods you have which i am sure cost a pretty penny, A superduty with a exhaust and a DIY intake and a custom tuned chip will blow youre doors off. for about $1000.00.

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Well if you want smoke which is what you are concered with you need to off the free Banks stuff. :nod:

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Do a search on hear for chips and pay atention to peoples sigs. That will help you decide on a chip. There are a few out there. but you want to stay clear from the magazine adds. I am willing to bet you can Ebay the Banks electronics buy a chip and guages and pocket some cash.

Chenry a mod here on the ORG has been working with a tuner on some veggie tunes you may want to talk to him.:thumb:

·
Premium Member
17,255 Posts
Get an SCT tuned by Tony Wildman. He can make smoke with a vegi tune.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts