Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is getting close to fall here in Idaho, and I have one problem, my 2000 will not blow any air except through the defrost, you can switch it to A/C, it will blow cold but wont blow to the face.

I called a local Ford Super duty dealer, and they told me it might be the vaccum pump mounted on the passenger side inner fender, I replaced it with another used one, and the pump still makes a noise. They also told me it might be a leak, but I cant find a single one

I thought this might have happened to someone else, and maybe you can help me out, thank you

Jacob

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
its happened to me alot mine was the pump would kick off and on with out notice but if the pump is running then u have to have a leak somewhere see if your 4x4 works that also works off of vaccum

·
Super Moderator
31,733 Posts
It is getting close to fall here in Idaho, and I have one problem, my 2000 will not blow any air except through the defrost, you can switch it to A/C, it will blow cold but wont blow to the face.

I called a local Ford Super duty dealer, and they told me it might be the vaccum pump mounted on the passenger side inner fender, I replaced it with another used one, and the pump still makes a noise. They also told me it might be a leak, but I cant find a single one

I thought this might have happened to someone else, and maybe you can help me out, thank you

Jacob
Do you have the auto locking hubs?

·
Premium Member
1,489 Posts
check the vacuum line going into the heater box on the passenger side of the truck. check it with a vacuum gauge. If it has good vacuum in the engine compartment, then you have to go into the passenger's side floor board and check it on that side. Follow the line and see if there is a leak any where on the line.

It is definitely a vacuum leak some where between the pump and the lines in your dash.

If you have a 4x4, you may want to see if your auto locking hubs are working. If you have leaks in the vacuum lines that go to the hobs, then you will lose your a/c vacuum pressure when you start the 4x4. Any other time, it won't matter.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you have the auto locking hubs?
No, I have manual locking hubs

I am working on it right now, and I have checked all of the lines, and they all seem to be in good shape, could my vaccum pump be bad, it is kind of loud all of the time, before I think it used to be silent

1 - 6 of 6 Posts