Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Buddy took his 2007 in for an inspection yesterday and they failed it because he had a straight pipe exhaust. The guy told him it was a new law by EPA that you couldnt have it. Can anyone shed some light on this

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Only thing I can figure is because it came from the factory with a cat?

·
Premium Member
11,178 Posts
My Buddy took his 2007 in for an inspection yesterday and they failed it because he had a straight pipe exhaust. The guy told him it was a new law by EPA that you couldnt have it. Can anyone shed some light on this
What county? I'm in tarrant and we have the toughest emission laws (as well as dallas/harris/travis/ect) in the state.

Diesels are still not checked for converters. You buddy needs to call the Department of Public Safety and file a complaint about that station.

A diesel is still a safety inspection only. I don't even remember the last time they even popped the hood open on my truck. And that's from multiple stations. I stop at whatever station I'm closest to at the time.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Infidel
5,166 Posts
I didn't have a problem with an inspection here in Dallas last August. In the past diesels have only had safety inspections and not emissions.
Craig

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
we are in williamson county. I told him i didnt think it was right he said they drove it around got on it then pulled it in bay someone else then drove it again drove it back into bay honked horn said oh you failed. and then charged him 15.00 dollars.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Sounds like a load of BS!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
my buddy just called another place for an inspection and told them he had his truck straight piped no cat or muffler. The guy said that their was a new law passed in january 08 stating that diesel trucks had to have cat and muffler. Just FYI i cant find anything on epa stating that though.

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
Did his truck even come with a cat?

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
I have a gutted cat, And when they were inspecting he did look under the truck on the passanger side. He could have been lookin for it, Maybe not. Got me thinking now. I just hacked of my muffler and LOVE the sound, I really do not want to put an after market on. I am going to try and find that " New Law "
I would suggest taking it to a shady part of town where they would look passed this minor infraction.
Good luck

·
Premium Member
14,367 Posts
Hell I'm in Harris Co. and had mine done last month straight piped, no problems.

·
Registered
3,989 Posts
Whatever law they were talking about may mean trucks MADE in 07 or later had to have one or maybe had to have emmissions done, but I dont think so.

·
Premium Member
11,178 Posts
Whatever law they were talking about may mean trucks MADE in 07 or later had to have one or maybe had to have emmissions done, but I dont think so.

I can't find anything about this "law".

I would ask to see it in writing. All emission stations have booklets/paperwork with this information to give to the public.

On the website, it says all vehicles 1984 and newer check for converters. But that is on GAS engines.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
17 Posts
you're gettin shafted... I've never had them check underneath any diesel pickup for our inspections.

·
Premium Member
11,178 Posts
you're gettin shafted... I've never had them check underneath any diesel pickup for our inspections.

Neither did I when I was an inspector in arlington. Only thing we checked was for exhaust leaks and whatnot. I haven't seen anyone do that in ages tho...

I just had my Jeep inspected. The guy just bent over for less than a second and went on with the ODBII testing.

Then I was bent over for $40 bucks for the new sticker.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
truck came with cat. Just called the muffler guy who took it off he said yes it is a rule but noone can tell me where to find it on paper. Called the inspection company theygot all mad at me and said it had to have a muffler with no holes. No one cares about cat just muffler. Found a guy that supposedly will inspect it. If anyone finds legal documentaion on this law please let me know. Thanksagain for all the help guys.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts