Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I'm up at school now (about 300 miles from home) I really missed having my 1/4" air ratchet for working on the truck. It just makes everything 10x faster and easier in a lot of situations when you cant get many turns out of a ratchet in tight spots. Well I don't have an air compressor up here (would love to get on board air in the truck someday) so I've been looking for the perfect option and I think I found it.

The Craftsman NexTec Right Angle Impact Driver

This little thing packs a punch. It delivers up to 700 in-lbs. of torque (thats about 58 ft.-lbs.) and even has a little light aimed at the driver. Even better it gives a little impact for braking loose tight bolts, something my air ratchet didn't have. Better yet it was only $99 shipped to my door. It may only be 12v but it is Lithium-Ion...I'm curious as to how long the battery will last. It has this battery indicator on the handle too and charges in 30 minutes!

I'll be putting my truck back together on Monday when I get my FICM back from [email protected] and can't wait to try it out. I'll also be swapping in an 03 Turbo sometime next week :thumb:

I think this little tool is gonna make my life a whole lot easier, its just like having my air ratchet again. I plan on getting a lot of use out of this guy! I'll let you all know how it performs once I use it a few times. If any of you have experience with this feel free to chime in!

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
That's pretty damn cool. I may have to pick one up.

·
Registered
192 Posts
So is it everything that you hoped it would be?

·
Premium Member
6,307 Posts
I've had mine a couple o years, I'm a body man for a living, so I use the mess out of it. And it's very handy, and powerful enough for up to most 8mm thread size bolts.

·
Registered
858 Posts
I just might hav to add this to my collection ( :

·
Registered
192 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,307 Posts
If you get it on a Holliday sale, you can find a combo kit with it and a drill for $100

·
Premium Member
19,111 Posts
Looks awesome! I think I'm going to have to pick one up.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sorry I haven't updated the thread in a while. I have used the tool a lot and I love it. It's just like having an air ratchet. I did a turbo swap and it just makes life so much easier, especially in areas where you can't turn a ratchet much. Battery lasts long, and now I see they have a battery you can by with a LED light on it. Well worth the money.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Island Dweller
1,300 Posts
They recently had it on sale in the store for 95 bucks, I ordered it online for 85 and picked it up an hour later from the store. I absolutely think it is one of the best tools I've bought in a long time.

Sent from my Atrix

·
GET MY ENEMA BUCKET BRO!!
2,066 Posts

where yall picking these up. I searched and only found the big bulky one.

·
Island Dweller
1,300 Posts
Sears I would not say it is bulky not small either but I love the fact that I don't have to have a cord or hose connected to it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts