Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well when I bought my 95 dually about 2 years and 21K miles ago I packed the front wheel bearings. When I had it apart I had noticed the rotors had some small heat stress cracks in them. So I decided when the pads wore the rest of the way out I would replace everything. They started to grind yesterday so I swung by my local parts shop and got 2 rotors, new pads, all the bearings and seals. $476 dollars later I was on my way. Not sure what I was thinking it should have been but way less than that. They did say that the pads and the rotors had a lifetime warranty. Said they would turn them for free and when they get below specs then they would just hand me a new set. That helped soften the blow. JJ

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
Hmmm my 2002 F-250 4x4 replaced both front rotors, and pads. Total cost was 169.00 Life time warranty pads. This is the first time I have heard of life time rotors though.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Life time parts are awesome

·
Registered
203 Posts
Well when I bought my 95 dually about 2 years and 21K miles ago I packed the front wheel bearings. When I had it apart I had noticed the rotors had some small heat stress cracks in them. So I decided when the pads wore the rest of the way out I would replace everything. They started to grind yesterday so I swung by my local parts shop and got 2 rotors, new pads, all the bearings and seals. $476 dollars later I was on my way. Not sure what I was thinking it should have been but way less than that. They did say that the pads and the rotors had a lifetime warranty. Said they would turn them for free and when they get below specs then they would just hand me a new set. That helped soften the blow. JJ
Over 21k miles, that isn't so much. And on brakes, you don't really want to screw around, especially with the front ones....

Are the rotors integrated into the hub? That does sound incredibly expensive for normal rotors. Are these OEM Ford parts?

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I bought them from the Oreillys auto parts. They are a hub and rotor combination so they are quite mamoth. The pads and the rotors were Wagner Premium brand. I too though it was unusual. The counter person said they would turn them for free, and when they got below minimum spec would just hand me a new one???? We will see how it plays out maybe they did not know what they were talking about and got confused? JJ

·
Premium Member
11,178 Posts

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
At Advance Auto up here I called and they said front rotors were like 110 a piece and rears were 90-something a piece. The dually hubs are a ton of money... I'm glad I have a while for that.

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
the wagner pads are about 115 from o'reillys here

1 - 9 of 9 Posts