Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I bought a complete 2 gauge & pillar combo from Aiden @ GOS Performance and finally got around to installing the kit today. I found that I didn't need to retap my manifold to the larger 1/4" NPTF hole and was able to hollow out an 1/8" NPTF fitting enough using 1/4" (pilot) 17/32" bits. I was able to run a T off of my MAP hoseline as well so I didn't need to tap out the cold side of my intake.

Herein lies the problem. I initially ordered what was supposed to be a 35psi ISSPRO boost gauge and received a 30psi gauge. After Aiden spent nearly $40 to overnight the right gauge (an ISSPRO Performax 40psi gauge) I find myself asking WTMF?! There are three freakin wires coming off of the harness that plugs into the pressure sensor. The problem is the little orange piece that obviously plugs into the back of the boost gauge won't mate up to the orange plug in piece. I've freakin tried and tried again to find part number ISSPRO # R82333 on Google and even on ISSPRO's own website for installion instructions since the one whole page they supply you with blows monkey ***. No luck.

So what my theory is is that I might need the ISSPRO # R82000 electronic control module. Everything is pointing that direction especially since there are no blades coming off of the gauge for lighting the fricking things.

So if I do indeed need that POS is it worth it really for ONE gauge since my pyro won't run off of that? Roughly how expensive are they and how much harder to install? Thanks in advance and for allowing me to vent.

·
Let's go B's!!!!
6,020 Posts
Have you talked to Aiden or Kash at GOS about this? They are real knowledgable and very helpful. They may have an answer for you.

That is who I bought my gauges from. I would reccomend them to anyone.

Good Luck!

ON EDIT: you said you bought a 35psi and received a 40psi eventually, right? Well where is the 35psi they sell? Will that one work?

·
Registered
578 Posts
I assume your talking about the pyro needing a control box? On my gauges my boost only had two wires and my egt had four I think.

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
I missed this thread before, although I caught the same post on a different forum (and his questions were answered over there).

Performax Gauge line from ISSPRO
The ISSPRO Performax system uses an Electronic Signal Processor (ESP) to run up to 17 gauges. It looks like the original poster ended up with a Performax gauge without the ESP. The Performax system is aimed at someone using more than just one or two gauges, so it may not be practical for this person unless he is planning to add more gauges later.

Incidentally, there are 40 psi EV series mechanical boost gauges from ISSPRO, which would fit his needs well.

Thanks,
Michael Pliska

1 - 4 of 4 Posts