Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I know one thing about those tires..they will last around 25 000 miles under a 5000 pound Bronco. Ill let you imagine under a 7000/7500 pound PSD truck.

·
Registered
8 Posts
its even worse with swampers... usualy people will get 15 000 miles out of them under a jeep

They look awesome on any truck and off the pavement they perform just a good as they look. What makes them so great is their soft compound and obviously the treads. But its the same two features that makes them melt under the sun..literally

I use to know a guy who had a f350 1993 351W crew cab long bed and on hot summer day you could see the rubber left on the pavement for around 10 yard when he starded the truck. After that has he speed up the wing would chill the tires..i guess

But why do you need kevlar tires? you know that they are not bullet proof right??...lol
What makes them tougher is not that kevlar is hard to punch thru its the fact that kevlar is more flexible than the regular radial rubber/steel tire belt system.

That means that if you want to go off-road and deflate the tires to get better traction. THEY WILL OUTPERFORM most radial offroad tires.

And if you want something that will outperform any radial tires you got to get bias belted tires ..like most super swampers.
They flex and bend like crazy and they give you super traction..but that comme to a price which is tire mileage.

If you want a decent mileage of your tires I would suggest any regular radial all terrain tires they dont look as good they last a bit more

I had BFG all terrain under one of my broncos and I could get 35 000 miles

BTW my mileage ratings may be off a bit because all my trucks had Kilometer guages. I converted Klicks to miles the best I could

Anyways all that depend of your budget.
Personally I like to get the most out of my money.
..thats why I drive a Ford

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.