Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
I dont run them but I would like to know as well I am thinking of a set for my rig this winter so Free Bump

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have not run them on my F250 but did run them in a 37" on my Wrangler. They are the hardest tire to balance I have ever owned. They were awesome out on the trail, but never again. Will be going with the Nitto Trail Grapplers when time to get new shoes for the truck.

·
Registered
603 Posts
I don't have these on my Excursion either but I had them on my f150 in 40/13.5/17. They were awesome in mud and its nice to not have to worry about punctures and such because of the Kevlar lining. If i still went off road I would no doubt buy these again.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I know one thing about those tires..they will last around 25 000 miles under a 5000 pound Bronco. Ill let you imagine under a 7000/7500 pound PSD truck.

·
Registered
8 Posts
its even worse with swampers... usualy people will get 15 000 miles out of them under a jeep

They look awesome on any truck and off the pavement they perform just a good as they look. What makes them so great is their soft compound and obviously the treads. But its the same two features that makes them melt under the sun..literally

I use to know a guy who had a f350 1993 351W crew cab long bed and on hot summer day you could see the rubber left on the pavement for around 10 yard when he starded the truck. After that has he speed up the wing would chill the tires..i guess

But why do you need kevlar tires? you know that they are not bullet proof right??...lol
What makes them tougher is not that kevlar is hard to punch thru its the fact that kevlar is more flexible than the regular radial rubber/steel tire belt system.

That means that if you want to go off-road and deflate the tires to get better traction. THEY WILL OUTPERFORM most radial offroad tires.

And if you want something that will outperform any radial tires you got to get bias belted tires ..like most super swampers.
They flex and bend like crazy and they give you super traction..but that comme to a price which is tire mileage.

If you want a decent mileage of your tires I would suggest any regular radial all terrain tires they dont look as good they last a bit more

I had BFG all terrain under one of my broncos and I could get 35 000 miles

BTW my mileage ratings may be off a bit because all my trucks had Kilometer guages. I converted Klicks to miles the best I could

Anyways all that depend of your budget.
Personally I like to get the most out of my money.
..thats why I drive a Ford

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i justed wanted something that could get me decent miles on the highway and do work in the sand i do want to air down its between them and the radial super swampers i already got bfg allterrains they just dont do work in the sand i need bigger and wider

·
The Silent Service
5,390 Posts
Not to highjack here,

Anyone have any feedback on these Kevlar MTR's in winter driving conditions.
(Not for my PSD, but the wife's F150 is running an All Season Goodyear and I'm in the market to get her something for the winter)

·
The Silent Service
5,390 Posts
Duratrac for winter tires, far and away better than the MTR's based on my experiences in a Jeep with the MTR's...Good in deep snow, but horrible in normal winter driving.

Jason
Thank you, the Duratrac's were our other option.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I made that mistake with a previous truck, one ton lwb. They were smooth bald in 14000 miles. I liked the look had no complaints through an Indiana winter but they were bald in about 13 months. They cost way too much to do that again.

·
Registered
158 Posts
i have 35's on my f250 and love them. i drove around wisconsin and northern IL last winter without issue once i put 400 lbs in my bed. like most other mud tires they werent as good as a pure winter tire, but i never lost control and rarely had to use 4wd. Then again, ive grown up with this stuff and its nothing compared to what other places get. I also took my truck through some snow covered trails on my buddies farm and it did fine, never got stuck even in places where other 4x4's did. This past summer i got a chance to get them in some good mud at country thunder in wisconsin and i was very impressed. I never got stuck even towing out a broke down excursion and thats with 15xxx miles on them (i checked the receipt for my milage when i bought em). IDK if its just my luck or lack of towing, but they are still in really good condition with plenty of tread left and i think they have about 17xxx miles on them now (got a bike so the truck is torn apart). Hope this helps.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts