Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i had enough with my junk dunlops. and my senior pics are coming up so i might as well have good tires to:icon_ford: so after untold amounts of research, i decided on duratracs :woot:.

Went to Goodyear they wanted $1300 and some change for 265/75/16's:doh:

At a small tire-shop where we usually buy all our tires. $925.02 mounted, balanced, new valve stems :woot:

So do some price checking before you buy tires!!!

Ive got almost 300 miles on them since yesterday.

Ride- honestly ride better then my Dunlops. im running 65lbs in the duratracs.

Noise- not real noticeable over the truck.. you have to really listen for it. if it was on a 6.4 or 6.7 you would be able to hear them.

Wear- only got 300 miles, so ill have to check back. hopefully more then the 18k i got out of the dunlops:doh:

They honestly didn't balance that great. a lot of weights.
love them so far!!

no rims

had to take the gasser:hehe:

out with the old in with the new

only pic i have so far

·
Registered
293 Posts
I have the same (325/60/20). I can't wait to get them back on for winter. I got too much wear as soon as the weather warmed up so I took them off for the summer. I put about 15k on them and really didn't have any noticeable wear until the last 5k before they were removed at the end of April. I did have a bit of a balancing thing with them at first but it resolved. Very nice tire.

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good to know. I'm going to get them re balanced after a few thousand

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Registered
683 Posts
I love duratracs, Whloesale on a 265/75r16 is 200 a tire. I have the 325/65r20s on my 6.7 and cant hear em at all.

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
they quieted down a bit. might have been because they were new

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
Glad you made a smart decision haha. I love them. I have almost 10k on mine and still look brand new. Its been so dry this summer that in 10k miles, they have yet to see mud so I hope they perform as well there as they do on road.

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just rolled 30k on them tonight, figured id give an update.

don't know exactly how much tread is on them. but they are all identical. rotated every 5k

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
You drive 30k in a little over a year????? That has to be a lot of seat time

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
I'll figure out how many miles mine have on them tomorrow and post an update

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yea that's not to uncommon for me. i freaking drive everywhere lol

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Holy thread revival...at any rate, I have them in 325/60/20 and they're A LOT better than the Toyo MTs and the Nitto Trail Grapplers I used to have.

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
no kidding:hehe:, i said i would give an update lol

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
At the price of diesel you have to have a good job to be paying for all that. Unless the driving is for your job then that's another story.

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I do a lot of construction/ roofing. And when you live in the middle if nowhere everything's damn far away lol.

Back to topic ish lol does anyone have 305's on stock rims?

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free

·
Registered
6,109 Posts
whats the gas mileage like with these?
typical of a mud terrain?
i have toyo mt's and dont like them much. im gonna be lucky to get 25k out of them and i get horrible mileage.

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I get great mileage with them. When I went on a 3k mile trip to Florida I got best of 21.5 mpg. I average 18- 20. If I'm not towing. They don't get any worse mileage then my BFG at's, or Dunlop radial rovers at. That I had prior. And they are quiet. They have gotten noisier with 30 k but still really quiet.

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free

·
Registered
268 Posts
Holy thread revival...at any rate, I have them in 325/60/20 and they're A LOT better than the Toyo MTs and the Nitto Trail Grapplers I used to have.
i was wondering what size lift you have on your truck? i'm shopping for tires on my '09 and wondered if this size (325/60/20) will fit nicely on the stock rims and 2.5 leveling kit wihtout too much rubbing? thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
512 Posts
These tires have 63k miles on them. Now granted, I drive 1k miles a week and don't tow all that often. But I am very impressed with them.

·
Premium Member
512 Posts
Also, I have not rotated them near as much as I should have. These things have been damn near bullet proof.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts