1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Bring On The Snow
1,650 Posts
Those bilsteins are a good shock but i have seen terrible pictures of them corroding with a salty climate or mag chloride. I chose to go with rancho rs9000xl shocks and I love them. Thats not a bad price on those bilsteins tho.

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
Anyone know of some good shocks that won't rust up in under a year? my cheap skyjacker shocks are very rusty and they have been on for under a year. I know most cheap shocks will do this, do you think these will be better?

eBay Motors: 4 Bilstein Shocks 99-04 Ford Super Duty F250 4WD. (item 330227008505 end time Apr-19-08 15:00:36 PDT)
In Michigan unless your buying aluminum or stainless steel shocks. Your shocks will start rusting in a year. Give any shock that has a steel casing and it will be rusty after one winter in Michigan.

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Those bilsteins are a good shock but i have seen terrible pictures of them corroding with a salty climate or mag chloride. I chose to go with rancho rs9000xl shocks and I love them. Thats not a bad price on those bilsteins tho.
What number do you run your shocks on??

·
Bring On The Snow
1,650 Posts
right now running empty i have the fronts on 2 and the rears on 1

·
Banned
3,445 Posts
Bilsteins have one of the worst coatings...if you are in a snowy, salty environment ..DO NOT GET THEM!!!

I recommend DR/Icon,...I've had them through 3 winters, living on the beach, and very salty roads...no problems

TANK

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
I have the rancho 9000XL's also and they are great...

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I know the Monroe Reflex shocks are one the the best, I guess I'll just have to use some under coating on them.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Bilsteins have one of the worst coatings...if you are in a snowy, salty environment ..DO NOT GET THEM!!!.
Godd to know, I was about to spend the extra money for nothing. thanks.

·
Registered
8,710 Posts
First most Bilsteins are not coated so they sure can't be worst:hehe:
If you get HD's they are painted so are #5150 the rest are not. What I do is after you take them out of the box spray them with a Epoxy clear! They are the best shock your gonna get.

Cary

1 - 11 of 11 Posts