Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2005 F250 FX4 Lariat CCSB - EGR deleted, IPR coolant filter, figuring out what else.
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like I'm going to need head gaskets, and that is a bigger job than I want to take on in the driveway.

Does anyone know of a good shop in Western NC?

·
Premium Member
2,951 Posts
Be wary of just any diesel shop. A lot of guys aren't familiar with the 6.0 as well as they should be and it might end up costing you more time and money in the long run.

First place I would look is on Bulletproof Diesel's website for one of their "Preferred Installer" dealers to see if there is one around you. Then, call and talk to them. See what your gut tells ya.

-jokester

Reactions: MtnTallPaul

·
Registered
2005 F250 FX4 Lariat CCSB - EGR deleted, IPR coolant filter, figuring out what else.
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for replying.

I think I already did that, but I did it again after reading your message.

It appears the closest preferred installer is almost 2 hours away.

·
Premium Member
2,951 Posts
Time to go chat with some local shops and see how much they know about the 6.0. Or, if you see someone around with a 6.0, (don't be be creeper 😁 ) if you get the chance, chat them up and see if they've had any work done locally and by whom.

-jokester

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Time to go chat with some local shops and see how much they know Bout the 6.0. Or, if you see someone around with a 6.0, don't be be creeper,, but if you get the chance,, chat them up and see if they've had any work done locally and by whom.

-jokester
I have been planning to do both.

The guy we get tires and service from seems to be straight shooter, and I plan to ask him.

There also appear to be two 6.0s within a few blocks of the house.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts