Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine is selling a BDS 6" lift kit with dual steering stablizer, dual front shocks, dual rear and replacement leaf in the back. He is also selling his 20x13.5 Diamo Karat chrome rims wrapped with 37" Toyo M/T's. All of this has about 8K miles on it and he is selling it for 3K. The truck is a 2003 6.0 F250, as is my truck. I was just wondering if this was a good buy, and what precautions i needed to take before i purchased such an item. :dunno:

THank you all,
Whit (Sorry for long post):doh:

·
COLLEGE KID
3,226 Posts
if the tires and rims are in good shape they are definitely worth 1500 bux, i think it is a great deal if the kit is any good.

·
Premium Member
24,834 Posts
Why is he selling?? If the rims and tires are in good shape they are worth quite a bit, the whole deal lift and tires for 3k that a good deal

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
He is selling becuase his truck has 190K and CarMax doesn't want the lift, so he is just parting what he can before he buys another truck. I believe he is getting a duramaxipad 07

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What kind of complications would i see with a 6" lift. Would anything need to be lengthened...or traction bars? I'm a little in the dark as far as this subject goes.. Thanks for all the help

·
Premium Member
13,244 Posts
i wouldnt see any kind of complications other than rubbing on the front leafs when making extreme turns. make sure you get your driveline geometry right too or you will have big vibrations. you will need an adjustable trac bar on the steering too, along with the drop pitman arm. make sure you get everything you need.

·
Premium Member
13,244 Posts
it should have. mine did. it says it has a track bar relocation bracket which would work. make sure you get exactly what is shown before you buy.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thnx guys i appreciate it. I thought this was a good deal, and if anyone else has anyinformation i will be checking this thread for a few more days.

·
Registered
3,989 Posts
ummmm.....yeah....whats your friends number?? :hehe::hehe: j/k

·
Registered
3,989 Posts
:hehe::hehe::hehe:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts