Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in MI and I have been looking for a southern truck and I found one in florida. I found a 2000 leather,crew cab, short bed with 97k miles in the green color I want for $16,000.
Now I know it is personal preference and the 7.3L is more difficult to find is some places then it is in others, but it's hard to find a nice one around me.

Would you go for it, assuming it was the truck you wanted?

Sorry I know people ask this all the time, just wanted to check with you guys and make sure I'm not getting ripped.

·
COLLEGE KID
3,226 Posts
Price seems high to me. I would not do it, but if its the truck you want and its in really good condition that price might not be to far from reasonable. I bet you could knock it down to 13-14k easy.

·
Registered
94 Posts
what part of florida is it in. if the person lives near the ocean it can have some rust on it i would have the guy you are buying it from sent you pics of the frame, under the the bed and cab.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Seems like there are loads of these trucks coming from Florida. My theory is that retired folks pull their camper down there, realize what a pain in the butt it can be, leave the camper parked, then sell the fuel hog, or trade in for new. I'd say pay no more than 14,000. (if it's 4wd)

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
According the the car fax and the seller and the other original are/were both in central Florida. Yeah I do need to see some underbody pics, and it is 4x4.

thanks for the input

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
Here is what I would do. Talk to one of the members on here that live in Florida. If they are close by the truck. Maybe they can look it over for you. Then tell you what they think of the truck.

16,000 seems high to me. Even if it only has 97,000 miles on it.

Remember you still need to get that truck back to Michigan. Which costs fuel, will put miles on the truck. I am sure you will have to take time off work to make the trip. Plus buy a plane ticket to get down there. Or drive a vehicle down there and then tow one of the two back.

All that right there seems to be about 2,000 dollars off the asking price to me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts