Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
PowerStrokin!!!!
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well doesnt look like ford will warranty my motor and will want over 10 grand to replace motor and all... :dunno: good news:woot: im buying a 24 v cummins and doin the swap baby :woot: my buddy has me a motor with an awsome deal so i think ima roll with it... what do yall think... the 24 valves are the motors running the show right now........

·
PowerStrokin!!!!
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
overheated got low on oil metal in oil... just everything went all at once.... im waiting on the full report right now.........

·
Registered
356 Posts
yes! do tell!

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Is this 24v a CR or a VP motor, if it is a VP motor do you plan on P-pumping it?

·
PowerStrokin!!!!
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i returned back to stock dpf and all and left just the intake and dpf back exaust and thats why they saying they arent goin to warranty it...... so we may be bringing them to court because by law unlesss they can prove the intake and dpf back exaust caused the problem then they have to warranty it.....

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Why did you take the truck in?????? Also can you give us more info on the cummins motor???????

·
PowerStrokin!!!!
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i took the truck in cause of white smoke pouring out the exaust... if it sat overnight the motor would lock up and it would take a bit to turn over....... im trying to get a hold of the guy that has the motor he is working... i will get all the info as soon as i can on the 24v.... what other options can yall guys think of

·
Registered
142 Posts
Damn dude are you dealing with a Ford dealership in Baton Rouge? Cause a shop just north of BR did the same thing to me, I left my CAI on when my truck shut down on me with less than 4k on it. They said that the intake caused my dpf to over heat and that it would cost me out of pocket to replace, well after all that I just removed the thing. But I have this feeling that should anything else go wrong they will try to place it back on that whole ordeal. Best of luck to ya!

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
It would be cool to do the swap, just depending on what motor you have available. To do it right be prepaired to spend some major cash on the swap. Then to get a stock common rail to run with what a 6.4 will do on a 310 tune, you will need about 6-8K in after markt parts maybe more.

·
Coal Rolling = Posing
9,871 Posts
It would be cool to do the swap, just depending on what motor you have available. To do it right be prepaired to spend some major cash on the swap. Then to get a stock common rail to run with what a 6.4 will do on a 310 tune, you will need about 6-8K in after markt parts maybe more.
You can get ALOT of power out of a CR for 8k. ALOT.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts

·
Super Moderator
31,730 Posts
Yup the common rails are 24v as well

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
CR is still 24v...

I'd shy away from putting a 24v VP44 motor in my truck only cause the VP pump tends to have problems, especially when you are trying to demand more fuel than stock levels like with pressure boxes, chips, injectors, etc.

Alot of guys that run them in their Dodges who are looking for high horsepower ultimately P-Pump them for reliability and because they are high horsepower friendly.

On a side note, I'd try taking your 6.4 to a different dealership. I'd exhaust all available options before dropping a Cummins in there. I have seen first hand just how much is involved in doing a swap and it isn't just a month long process...

·
PowerStrokin!!!!
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
CR is still 24v...

I'd shy away from putting a 24v VP44 motor in my truck only cause the VP pump tends to have problems, especially when you are trying to demand more fuel than stock levels like with pressure boxes, chips, injectors, etc.

Alot of guys that run them in their Dodges who are looking for high horsepower ultimately P-Pump them for reliability and because they are high horsepower friendly.

On a side note, I'd try taking your 6.4 to a different dealership. I'd exhaust all available options before dropping a Cummins in there. I have seen first hand just how much is involved in doing a swap and it isn't just a month long process...
After talking with a buddy I could even send the mote now to elite r so and have it reworked and upgraded

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
After talking with a buddy I could even send the mote now to elite r so and have it reworked and upgraded
I'd do that before dumping a different motor in it. Just my .02

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
24V's are 24V's.

Common rails are common rails.
They both use a 24v heads:tard::thumb:

You can get ALOT of power out of a CR for 8k. ALOT.
Yeah like a buddy of mine with a 05 6 speed, his mods were as follows, stage 4 cp3, industrail injection phat shaft 66, Fass lift pump and all the other odds and ends. He had an easy 8k in the truck all for a whopping 530-540hp to the wheels:thumb:

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.