Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Going back to stock...

935 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  sankeneyii 
#1 ·
I am lowering my truck back to stock. I am just curious what the best springs to get for my truck would be? I want a comfortable ride but also be able to tow a 5th wheel when necessary. I want it to either be at the stock height or with 2-3" of lift and just would like some input as to what my options are. Any help would be greatly appreciated...should of kept my stock springs:doh:

#2 ·
I'll trade ya my stock stuff for your lifted stuff... how close are ya to Wheeling WV?

#3 ·
I'm in Columbus Ohio. I'd probably trade if they were in better condition but one of the springs is sagging and the center pins are corroding pretty bad. the guy I got them off of didn't take care of his truck very well but the springs weren't too bad when I got em but after a little over a year they need to come off and get redone or something. I plan on towing so I need to drop the truck down to like a 2-3" lift if not stock height

#4 ·
dang that sucks, if yours were in better shape, id trade you a full stock f350 suspension that would give you everything you need for a 5th wheel plus give you the higher height you wanted. and im up in akron, ohio

#5 ·
yeah that would be nice. i wish they were in better shape too cuz its a 350 so thats what i had on it before i lifted it. I was thinking of doing a 3" lift in front and an inch higher block than what was on it when it was stock so that way its level and has a little bit of stance to it.

#6 ·
My front springs are stock with an add-a-leaf... sits nice, mostly level... I'd be willing to trade, even if there are issues with yours being slightly sagged or such... if your lift is blocks in the back, you would retain your load capacity just removing the blocks, the front ones from mine would work for ya... the brackets and such for the track bar and related items are more of a concern to me... send me a PM with your phone number and we can talk if you are interested...

#7 ·
I just went ahead and got all new stuff I appreciate the offer though I might be interested in selling the lift stuff when I get it all done. the rear lift is springs and I have all the brackets and stuff you were talkin about

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.