Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well today is the day. Making the drive to Nebraska to pick up my 2004 f 250 6.0. I always told my self i wouldnt get a 6.0 but cant find a 7.3 for the right price that is a 4 door. Im trading in my 00 7.3 ex cab and pickin up a 4 door red lifted with black int. I have already got parts in the shop for it as we speak. SCT x3 intake and guauges. Just wondering if i should delete the muffler or just get new 4in from the turbo back. Pics to come

·
Registered
856 Posts
I would just go ahead and get a full turbo back exhaust. U can pick one up for pretty cheap. alot of companies sell a 4inch budget exhaust.:thumb:

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
YEA IM SURE I WILL. CAUSE I HAD SOME MUCH SAVED UP ALREADY FOR THE SCT AND GAUGES AND 4 IN TURBO BACK. BUT SOLD MY EDGE AND INTAKE OFF MY 7.3 ALREADY. HAD A BUDDY HAD A NEW SCT IN BOX GAUGES AND INTAKE OFF HIS 6.0 FOR 500 BUCKS. SO I JUMPED ALL OVER THAT. SO I WILL ORDER MY 4IN AFTER I GET IT INSPECTED.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
AND HOW HARD WAS IT TO PUT THE 08 MIRRORS ON YOUR TRUCK JSTOKES1987

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
I would do studs and egr delete first then exh. gauges intake and chip. But either way congrats on the new truck hope it holds up good for you!

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
YEA I WANT TO DO THE EGR. MIGHT JUST CHOP THE MUFFLER OFF. DO THE EGR FIRST. ANY CHEAP EGR PLACES I CAN GOTO TO GET ONE. ARE THEY A B**CH TO PUT ON. I DONT KNOW MUCH ABOUT A 6.0 I HAVE TO RELEARN THIS MOTOR. I KNEW MY 7.3 PRETTY DANG WELL

·
Premium Member
5,682 Posts
For exhaust I would grab a 4" MBRP Turbo Back with Cat Delete and Muffler Delete from Adam at FCDP. $260 shipped.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Congrats on the new ride. Hope it all works out. Had mine since April and so far so good...fingers crossed.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
The egr delete kits arent that expensive but they are a pain to put in. I just helped do one last week, it will take most of the day for 2 people.

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
Oh you scared me for a minute. Your title says pink up my new rig. But you meant pick up. Ok glad that your picking it up and not pinking it up.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yea pick not pink. lol.. Went to Blair Nebraska wednesday after working 8pm to 8am. damn midnight shifts. GOt the price from 21,988 to 19,500. Needs tires and a bed liner. But other then that is clean as hell. Its a red 2004 6.0 four door w 105,000 miles, lifted 6 in maybe with 37's (thats why i talked him down so much those are not goin to be cheap to buy). I already bought the SCT, gauges,intake and 4in from the turbo back. I have pics but dont know how to put them up on this site. Anything else I can do to this beside head studs and gaskets and EGR delete.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Congrats on the new rig:thumb:. Sounds like a nice truck...pics are always good:woot:
Will you be lifting the cab to do the studs and deleting?
It makes life a whole lot easier if you do. With said mods I would also at least rebuild or just go ahead and replace the oil cooler while your there. Definitely a coolant by-pass filter system to keep your new oil cooler "new" and go ahead and get the 4" turbo back system now and install it then, piece of cake to get the downpipe in with cab already up!
Good luck with the new ride:icon_ford:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts