Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First drain fluid and then remove pan. Remove tranny filter and make sure to get the oring that is on the end of it out as well.

This is what you should see: The direct solenoid is on the middle right in the picture or rear center as on the truck.

You have to pull the small e-clip off the one end of the solenoid with a small screwdriver or needlenose.

Then squeze the clips on the electrical connector portion to complete removing the solenoid.

Gogo left stock right

GoGo

Stock

Install the solenoid in reverse order as above and it should like it did before.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
08 trans filter on bottom stock on top

stock pan right, 08 pan left

Filter installed

Pan installed

Part numbers for filter and pan

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
awesome pics man. Does the 08 filter just slip right into place? No mods needed? It does look bigger, I guess it will maybe filter a little better? And the 08 pan holds a little more oil right?

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not much more fluid, you MUST have the 08 pan to use the 08 filter. No modifications all parts are a direct bolt on.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Oh ok, so you did all this because the filter is larger so it might filter better? Did you notice a difference with the direct solenoid?

·
Premium Member
799 Posts
Great right up and pix.
I did the '08 pan/filter and GoGo direct clutch solenoid update to my '06 450 this summer then flushed and refilled with SP fluid

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
The stock tranny filter is a screen and the toilet paper roll only filters about 10% of the fluid once the t-stat opens. The 08 filter in the pan contains media and filters 100% of the fluid almost all the time. Remember the 08+ truck use basically the same drivetrain, but they changed a few things and this was one of them. Some trucks I don't think even have a bypass on them(08+). The direct solenoid does exactly what it says it does.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
sounds good..awesome job!

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
The stock tranny filter is a screen and the toilet paper roll only filters about 10% of the fluid once the t-stat opens. The 08 filter in the pan contains media and filters 100% of the fluid almost all the time. Remember the 08+ truck use basically the same drivetrain, but they changed a few things and this was one of them. Some trucks I don't think even have a bypass on them(08+). The direct solenoid does exactly what it says it does.
What does it do, did you notice a difference?

Sent from my Desire HD using AutoGuide App

1 - 11 of 11 Posts