Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I’ve read where a lot of people with 35s are fine when it comes to gearing. But I think with my weight, tune, or not having enough mods, I’m right on the cusp of needing gears or going back to 33s. My truck use to get up a go every time I mashed the pedal with 33s, but my 35s make it where sometimes it down shifts and goes, sometimes it doesn’t. Who with an EX has switched gears and would suggest others to?

·
Premium Member
10,660 Posts
I would not spend the money on gears just yet... Try and order a custom tune with adjusted shift points/rpms. The old sct 3015 even allowed you to raise/lower the rpms for each gear. I would personally try tuning before the large investment in regearing the front/rear dif of a 4x4 its really not necessary for 35s.

I had a 2004 excursion but even stock gears, and no power mods whatsoever no ficm tune, no ecm tune just 4in lift, 35s and banks exhaust it was zero issue etc.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would not spend the money on gears just yet... Try and order a custom tune with adjusted shift points/rpms. The old sct 3015 even allowed you to raise/lower the rpms for each gear. I would personally try tuning before the large investment in regearing the front/rear dif of a 4x4 its really not necessary for 35s.

I had a 2004 excursion but even stock gears, and no power mods whatsoever no ficm tune, no ecm tune just 4in lift, 35s and banks exhaust it was zero issue etc.
I’ll have to see if I can change rpms when I get off work. I know he had something’s locked out in tune.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts